Question about expired can goods.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally,

I think expired cand goods make great target practice.

It's amazing what a rifle round will do to a can of cream of mushroom soup.
The can burst open, and the contents all but vaporized, putting specks of soup all over the grass.

It was really cool, and then the cows wandered on to the range.
The silly beasts could not get enough of the "salad dressing" and would not move away from our backstop. Who knew cows love cream of mushroom soup?

That shut down shooting for the day.

This time of year you might get the chance to put a few cans of tomato soup in a snowman.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember reading an article several years ago that someone was lost in Alaska and stumbled upon an old cabin and the canned goods were over 30 years old and still good.
But, it is up to each individual as to whether the contents are good or not. Expiration dates are placed on the canned good or food products by the manufacturer and doesn't mean a lot other than they want a consumer to toss them and buy more in my opinion. However, if you still trust the government:

www.usda.gov › media › blogBefore You Toss Food, Wait. Check It Out! | USDA

Jan 3, 2023 · In fact, canned goods will last for years, as long as the can itself is in good condition (no rust, dents, or swelling). Packaged foods (cereal, pasta, cookies) will be safe past the ‘best by’

Latest posts

Top Bottom