Trijicon is getting it's rear kicked...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
slightly off topic but, China has stolen our technology along with other western nations. We continue to purchase stolen technology because it's cheap. The issue is at some point we will come to head with China, and go against the weapons and accessories we finance.

Short-sided Americans worry about the short term while our enemy and allies alike think long term and strategize. How do you think Toyota became what it is in about 50 years?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
slightly off topic but, China has stolen our technology along with other western nations. We continue to purchase stolen technology because it's cheap. The issue is at some point we will come to head with China, and go against the weapons and accessories we finance.

Short-sided Americans worry about the short term while our enemy and allies alike think long term and strategize. How do you think Toyota became what it is in about 50 years?
Well if China become like Japan, how would that be a bad thing?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I dunno if I would use Toyota...... most models are made here in the US.

If y'all want to start down this road, you might want to consider where all the chemicals come from for primers and where we get a lot of our powder for ammo before you worry about red dots. You also might want to consider that each one of you owns a cell phone, PC, etc with at the very least chips and parts made in China.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Japan was defeated and rebuilt. China has never been defeated. We gave Japan most of what rebuilt them. China stole what they wanted to solidify their regional dominance.
China has been defeated, many times throughout history. Peoples Republic of China, not defeated many times.

The Toyota comparison doesn’t make a lot of sense. We want China to be like modern Japan.
The whole freaking world would love it. It would be a win win.

I don’t disagree on the dependence on Chinese manufacturing. That was a battle to have 30-40 years ago. The whole world depends on it now. Good luck buying anything of any sort of complexity without ag least parts from china.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The direct mount light is going to be a hot item. Keeping your stock sights and no plates to wait on or gable if they'll work, this will sell. Be interesting to see what the different models will look like. I'd bet that the Glock will be the first to launch and the hardest to get for the first year.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holosun is Chinese company and made in China. I will woud rather pay more and buy Trijicon due to being a American company and most of products made or assembled in the USA.
Actually I believe holosun is an American company but there product is made in China. Look, I try and buy American made products as much as I can. But not everything made in China is crap. My iPhone is excellent, my IMac is excellent, my champion generator is excellent and many of my Primary Arms and Holosun optics are excellent as well. It all depends on the company. These companies actually care about quality.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe not a perfect solution...I'm not sold on the solar charging or automatic brightness adjustment, but I like the direction this is going.

Photos here...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYvalseLwJj/?utm_medium=copy_link
I have two RMR type sights and they both have the solar charging as well as the auto adjustment. I thought something was wrong with it when I first got it because the dot kept changing intensity when I would go into dark rooms and then light rooms. lol. Then I read the manual and found out why it was doing it. It actually worked. I just prefer to set my dot myself and keep it at that intensity. Mine also has batteries. So it can run off batteries or solar.