Trump Rally in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not much into crowds and waiting in lines. Did enough of that back in the day so I'll pass on the rally like I do on concerts, and so on.
BUT, I applaud Trump for coming to Oklahoma and the reasons why.
Governor Stitt said a couple of weeks ago that some major companies had been approaching him about moving to Ok because of the Covid response that he led and the reopening of the economy that was in the lead across the nation.
Dimocrat led New Mexico still is not allowing people to fish in that state within state parks, local lakes, etc. They can't shut down the federal lakes so there is still that opportunity.
Okla never shut that down. How draconian can some politician be to tell someone you can't visit an isolated mountain stream to toss the fly on a trout. How much more isolated can you get?
The Okla tourism dept said that April had the highest number of visitors to the state parks in the written history of that department. A lot were from other states.
Most state parks are way underutilized by Oklahomans. Only a few state parks are profitable and those pay the bill for the rest. Little Sahara state park is one of the big money makers, and they could actually make more if they wanted and none of the users would object because it's such an awesome place.
Anyway back to the Trump rally. It will be impressive. Record crowds.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Okla tourism dept said that April had the highest number of visitors to the state parks in the written history of that department. A lot were from other states.
Most state parks are way underutilized by Oklahomans. Only a few state parks are profitable and those pay the bill for the rest. Little Sahara state park is one of the big money makers, and they could actually make more if they wanted and none of the users would object because it's such an awesome place.
Anyway back to the Trump rally. It will be impressive. Record crowds.

Starting Monday, you have to pay per vehicle to drive through and/or visit Oklahoma state parks. They'll all be profitable soon according to the state.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Starting Monday, you have to pay per vehicle to drive through and/or visit Oklahoma state parks. They'll all be profitable soon according to the state.
As they should be. A lot of them were built during the WPA days. My grandpa worked on the Ponca Lake project as well as the Osage Hills state park.
I believe its called a parking or a user fee. Every state park I've been to around the country has the same thing already. It pays for improvements and modernization of the facility which Oklahoma's certainly need.
There will be some exemptions from the parking fee.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As they should be. A lot of them were built during the WPA days. My grandpa worked on the Ponca Lake project as well as the Osage Hills state park.
I believe its called a parking or a user fee. Every state park I've been to around the country has the same thing already. It pays for improvements and modernization of the facility which Oklahoma's certainly need.
There will be some exemptions from the parking fee.

My grandpa and his dad both worked WPA down around Hollis. Dang near everything they built during that time is still standing strong. Bridges, pools, roads, etc... When they were building a reservior in the middle of nowhere, they built a series of swimming holes to cool off in. We bought the property some fifteen years ago, still swim and fish it em. It's a fun family type story to tell when I take buddies out there to cstch hawgs. For such an overreacting liberal bill, the WPA was a fantastic thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom