trust question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, this would be my first NFA. I have a arsenal 106ur, and 106cr. Do I put them into the trust and then fill out a form 1. Do I have the trusts name engraved and whoever cuts and recrowns the barrel or just the trusts name.
Thanks
daddy-o

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a form 1 to an SBR on a trust...

Make trust
Put host gun in trust's schedule A
Engrave gun to approved dimensions with the trusts name
File form 1
Wait for approval

Upon approval the firearm can be altered to reflect the form 1

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you would have the name of whoever "manufactured" the rifles into SBR format engraved into the receiver. If it isn't a member of the trust who cuts and recrowns, the trust name shouldn't be necessary.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you would have the name of whoever "manufactured" the rifles into SBR format engraved into the receiver. If it isn't a member of the trust who cuts and recrowns, the trust name shouldn't be necessary.

For a form 1 to an SBR on a trust...

Make trust
Put host gun in trust's schedule A
Engrave gun to approved dimensions with the trusts name
File form 1
Wait for approval

Upon approval the firearm can be altered to reflect the form 1

Please re-read above outlined in bold.

Forgive me but this has been hashed out quite a few times. A simple search will reward you with a ton of detailed info like this

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52399&highlight=trust+engrave

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I understand it would be the trust name if I say built a krinkov (which I plan to do), but say If I took my slr106ur to have the barrel cut and recrowned at say H and H. Would they be the maker of the sbr and have to have their name engraved instead of mine or in addition.
Thanks
daddy-o

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I understand it would be the trust name if I say built a krinkov (which I plan to do), but say If I took my slr106ur to have the barrel cut and recrowned at say H and H. Would they be the maker of the sbr and have to have their name engraved instead of mine or in addition.
Thanks
daddy-o

If YOU filed the Form 1 than YOU are the maker. You are just "subcontracting" H&H to perform the work.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another question:

Lets say that my spouse and I are trustees in my trust, and my siblings are beneficiaries. Would my brother be allowed to borrow my SBR without my supervision?

Latest posts

Top Bottom