Tulsa County Sheriff Stanley Glanz resigns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa County Sheriff Stanley Glanz resigns immediately after reading of indictments

The Tulsa County Grand Jury investigating the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office returned two misdemeanor indictments on Wednesday afternoon.

Immediately following the reading of the indictments, Sheriff Stanley Glanz, who has served in that capacity for 27 years, announced his resignation.

Read Glanz's Resignation Letter

According to the documents read in open court, the Grand Jury indicted Glanz for willful violation of the law and violating the law for not releasing an internal report.

The indictment alleges Glanz committed willful violation of the law from January 2014 to the present for electing "to take a $600 monthly stipend for in-county travel for official business, electing to use his own personal vehicle for said travel... and has instead regularly used a Tulsa County owned and fueled 2013 and 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe for travel within the county for regularly scheduled official business."

The jurors began looking into Glanz's office after reserve deputy Bob Bates shot and killed Eric Harris during an undercover gun sting. Bates said he meant to reach for his Taser, but pulled his gun instead, documents say.

http://www.newson6.com/story/30153061/judge-to-release-tulsa-county-grand-jurys-findings-wednesday

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny that in his resignation letter he makes no apology for the outright theft of $600 a month from the taxpayers...

And "resign in the immediate future"? WTF is that? If you are resigning, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somehow I missed this one: "Sheriff appraisers" getting appointed and paid up to $50k a year for minimal work...including the reserve deputy's daughter?

Sheriff says he appointed people who "deserved reward".

The people of Tulsa County should be marching with pitchforks and torches...what a scumbag.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/crimew...487-4cf7-535d-97a1-5a01daa6f09b.html?mode=jqm

Good lord you people. These people contributed 18K over several years. OMG!!!

I'll just say this, I know several of the people involved here and those close to Bates, especially his daughter are HIGHLY qualified to assess property, especially any commercial property... and currently gets paid A LOT more than posted with a large insurance company to do so as an underwriter. Same with Brewster's wife and daughter, whom I believe have been involved in real estate for years. I can't speak for the other assessors in what they know about property, but these people here know their shyt when it comes to residential and commercial properties.

Everything here posted is completely legal, they don't use taxpayer money, and as far as I know..... more than a few of them work in the property industry in some form or another.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Qualified or not. The sheriff admitted it was a political reward for loyalty and campaign contributions which makes it wrong.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Qualified or not. The sheriff admitted it was a political reward for loyalty and campaign contributions which makes it wrong.

Let's get over ourselves here, if you're really complaining about this, I hope you'll be posting and up in arms about local and federal political positions all the way up to the cabinet of the president. Again, he knows them, and they are qualified. Oh the horror!!! These people donated an average of $750 per election. Less than a $200 a year gets you a job mandated by the state?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A part time job that paid the equivalent of most folks' full time wage. You think their contributions were limited to direct campaign contributions? You don't think the appraisals might be inflated to increase revenue from the auctions, which went into the county/sheriff's coffers?

Yes, everything like this should be exposed, at every level of government. I suppose you'll excuse his theft of taxpayer money because it was "only" $600 a month for the last year and a half? Are you excusing him putting geriatrics on the street with guns and badges because they bought him stuff?

I don't see how anyone could defend this guy...unless they have a biased personal connection.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A part time job.

Yes, everything like this should be exposed, at every level of government. I suppose you'll excuse his theft of taxpayer money because it was "only" $600 a month for the last year and a half?

Didn't say it shouldn't be exposed. Glad he's up front about it. I'm saying that it's a position he didn't create, it's legal, and some of the people involved mentioned in the article.... mainly for the pitchfork factor.... are actually very qualified, and they don't use public money. Get over it. Don't see y'all this up in arms because other sheriffs LEGALLY hire people they know across the state.

Assuming via fallacy, anything else of what I believe or know, is reaching.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't use public money? You fell for that? The sheriff is seizing property, selling it, and putting it in the agency's pocket, and into the pockets of his friends and supporters with little to no oversight. That's public money however you want to spin it.

How many of Glanz's appointees are licensed appraisers and we're working in the field before they were appointed? Legal and ethical are two different things. Someone with ethics will avoid the appearance of impropriety and actually try to change a system instead of saying "the system let me do it".

Show me another corrupt sheriff in the state (I'm sure there are more) who's corruption and policies directly contributed to the unlawful shooting of someone and I'll get right on the pitchforks...I posted frequently about corrupt siezure in the past. Glanz certainly isn't the first and won't be the last.

I'm talking about this today, because it's relevant news/a development in the story. He was a corrupt cop. Period. He got too cozy in his job and it finally came around to burn him, just a little. He'll get the charges squashed, pay some money back and enjoy his pension (and other bennies like his stock in the company that supplies cleaning products to the jail).

I'm really curious why you are defending this guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom