Tulsa County Sheriff Stanley Glanz resigns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You haven't "corrected" anything...you gave your perspective and opinion. I respect it, but I just don't agree with it.

Public sector hiring should as open, honest, and involve as much competition as possible. One man shouldn't be able to make those appointments.

Nobody is "targeting" those poor beleaguered assessors....its about the process.

I'm starting to think you're on Glanz's payroll too.

While your position is laudable, your tilting at windmills here. I thought you worked in government? Do you not get that the rules you and I are hard bound to, simply don't apply at the senior level? Seriously?

You don't understand why Obama gets to hire Valerie Jarrett? Why Hillary got special dispensation for Huma Abedin to double and even triple dip on salaries at State? Do you not understand that virtually every vote in the House and Senate is attached to a wealthy donor's expectations? What rock have you been living under?

If by happenstance you get competence in ANY senior political appointment, you should count your lucky stars. "Ethics" is the annual training course you're required to take as an underling. Any expectation of ethics or avoiding the appearance of a conflict of interest from a senior elected official is pure fantasy.

I'd suggest you wake up from your dream, lest you live your entire life in severe disappointment. :(

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Cronyism & corruption will never die in Oklahoma until people like Glanz are exposed and prosecuted.

^^^This right here^^^

Now it is time for some statewide civil asset forfeiture reform in Oklahoma to prevent this abuse of power.

P.S. I wonder if the Grand Jury ever looked into whether Glanz ever abused his authority in NFA or CCW sign-offs prior to shall issue statutes going into effect. I've heard lots of whispers that you basically had to bribe Stanley or otherwise kiss the ring somehow to get a timely sign-off from good ole boy law man Stan. I wonder if his supporters got special treatment, such as signatures in an expedited timeframe, on these sign-offs, too.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While your position is laudable, your tilting at windmills here. I thought you worked in government? Do you not get that the rules you and I are hard bound to, simply don't apply at the senior level? Seriously?

thics" is the annual training course you're required to take as an underling. Any expectation of ethics or avoiding the appearance of a conflict of interest from a senior elected official is pure fantasy.

I'd suggest you wake up from your dream, lest you live your entire life in severe disappointment:(

Yeah I know. Silly me.

Being indifferent or numb to it is one thing, but actually defending or excusing it is entirely another. Especially at the local level where "regular folks" have a marginally better shot at fixing it or at least trying to.

That was the point of my original post about pitchforks and torches...that the people of Tulsa should be offended and mad that Glanz played them for so long and ended up just being another politician who got real comfortable in his kingdom and had no qualms about spending other people's money on himself and his friends. His weak sauce resignation statement was so full of arrogance and lacking in atonement, folks should be demanding he resign today....not "in the immediate future" as he stated in his letter. Out of town on County business? How about get your ass back here, pack your sh$t and go? But, we get the government we deserve right?

The federal level is lost at echelons above my and your pay grade...short of complete collapse and restructure it will never be fixed.

(The Glanz drama will always come to mind whenever someone brings up the "county sheriffs are the last line of defense from the Feds" B.S.. My point there was always be careful what you wish for...they are usually politicians first.)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I know. Silly me.

Being indifferent or numb to it is one thing, but actually defending or excusing it is entirely another. Especially at the local level where "regular folks" have a marginally better shot at fixing it or at least trying to.

That was the point of my original post about pitchforks and torches...that the people of Tulsa should be offended and mad that Glanz played them for so long and ended up just being another politician who got real comfortable in his kingdom and had no qualms about spending other people's money on himself and his friends. His weak sauce resignation statement was so full of arrogance and lacking in atonement, folks should be demanding he resign today....not "in the immediate future" as he stated in his letter. Out of town on County business? How about get your ass back here, pack your sh$t and go? But, we get the government we deserve right?

The federal level is lost at echelons above my and your pay grade...short of complete collapse and restructure it will never be fixed.

(The Glanz drama will always come to mind whenever someone brings up the "county sheriffs are the last line of defense from the Feds" B.S.. My point there was always be careful what you wish for...they are usually politicians first.)

Rick Weigel assumes the duties of sheriff effective today. He is a 100% no BS kind of commander. That's not only from my personal experience, but straight from the mouths of the two original deputies who complained about Bates years ago, directly to my ears.

As for Glanz, if he took $600 per month for in-county travel while using a dept. vehicle, how is that a misdemeanor? That's the part I don't get. :anyone:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick Weigel assumes the duties of sheriff effective today. He is a 100% no BS kind of commander. That's not only from my personal experience, but straight from the mouths of the two original deputies who complained about Bates years ago, directly to my ears.

As for Glanz, if he took $600 per month for in-county travel while using a dept. vehicle, how is that a misdemeanor? That's the part I don't get. :anyone:

The $600 a month stipend was for him to use his personal vehicle INSTEAD of a county vehicle.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The way I understood it is if Glanz was convicted of any criminal felony charges he would potentially lose all of his pension. So that might answer your question why he was convicted of only misdemeanor charges. Kind of a sweetheart deal in exchange for him resigning?

Latest posts

Top Bottom