Tulsa County Sheriff Stanley Glanz resigns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't use public money? You fell for that? The sheriff is seizing property, selling it, and putting it in the agency's pocket, and into the pockets of his friends and supporters with little to no oversight. That's public money however you want to spin it.

Ah.... so you somehow believe that Glanz is illegally seizing public property to pay these people? Seems legit. So what do you have this to base this on?

How many of Glanz's appointees are licensed appraisers and we're working in the field before they were appointed?

Again, I can only speak for those mentioned in the article that rise the pitchfork factor. Just curious.... because in terms of Bates' daughter it would have been pretty easy for Tulsa World to find her credentials doing all the digging they did. I mean, I'm aware of the credentials of some involved here but it seems you only know what's been fed to you by the Tulsa World, what do you actually know to base your accusations?

I'm talking about this today, because it's relevant news/a development in the story. He was a corrupt cop. Period. He got too cozy in his job and it finally came around to burn him, just a little. He'll get the charges squashed, pay some money back and enjoy his pension (and other bennies like his stock in the company that supplies cleaning products to the jail).

That's fine, but again.... I will be interested to see such conviction in the future.

I'm really curious why you are defending this guy.

I'm not defending him. By all means post about the grand jury and him stepping down....couldn't care less what you post so long as it's true. However in this situation it's a hack job story trying to implicate some people that I know to be good competent people at their jobs.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...at their lucrative part time jobs gained through political favor as a "reward" for loyalty, not just financial loyalty, to an elected official. That's a point you keep glossing over and seem to be ok with just because other people do it and because you have a connection to some of those appointees. It doesn't make them "bad people"...but that doesn't make it right or ethical.

I'm not suggesting there is illegality there...just a lack of ethics (Other specific illegality has been uncovered and I venture there is more). Big difference. You don't think our elected officials and their appointees should operate and be overseen by more than just legality?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...at their lucrative part time jobs gained through political favor. That's a point you keep glossing over and seem to be ok with just because other people do it.

I'm not suggesting there is illegality there...just a lack of ethics. Big difference. You don't think our elected officials and their appointees should operate and be overseen by more than just legality?

What this boils down to is that you somehow believe they bought this position from $200 a year average in contributions. I spend more on dog rescue donations, but according to you and the Tulsa World... it moves mountains. In lieu of being qualified.

In terms of ethics here, people hire people they know, again.....especially if they are qualified. The Tulsa World is reaching here, and so are you it seems, with your seizing accusations. If you someone believe that all politicians should hire complete strangers that have always supported their opposition then by all means, start a petition, G'luck with that. I expect to see your uproar in just about every election in this state and country. Now I get your point though, but I'm saying your conviction and judgement goes out the window when said assessors are highly qualified. You MIGHT be able to find some dirt on the others, I'm unaware of their credentials and by all means... spend your time and energy...... but these people I've mentioned here know property. They were only mentioned due to the proximity to Bates, and again.... their background is easily found... yet not mentioned.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All 12 appointed individuals are "highly qualified"? Or just the ones you know? And again, political favor and worth can be measured in more than campaign contributions.

What this boils down to is Cronyism. According to you Cronyism = good to go as long as a few of the people involved are qualified for the job, even though there was no open competition for the job? That's the standard you want from your government?

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glanz is gone, FLICK a tear. The old crony belonged in a rocking chair LONG ago. The people will prevail in these 2 misdemeanors and Glanz will disappear into the sunset where he long before belonged. :thumb:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All 12 appointed individuals are "highly qualified"? Or just the ones you know? And again, political favor and worth can be measured in more than campaign contributions.

What this boils down to is Cronyism. According to you Cronyism = good to go as long as a few of the people involved are qualified for the job, even though there was no open competition for the job? That's the standard you want from your government?

Did you ready any of what I just posted? Are you accusing the others of being incompetent or under qualified? Great, more power to you. I posted in plain english that I don't know them or their qualifications and specifically knew those targeted in the article. Just curious though..... I have nothing to go on...... what do you have to go on in all your accusations of illegally seizing property to fund these people..... and that they aren't qualified? If that's your case then by all means find some information and post it.

Cronyism is stated as "without proper regard to qualifications." Now you can hang your hat on your $200 a year theory in lieu of being a commercial underwriter with credentials all you like.... but don't get so upset when someone with a bit more info than you, calls bullshyt on the sensationalism in that particular case.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without qualification. Most professions use licensing as a measure of qualification...only one of the 12 ever had a license and it expired in 2012. What other credentials are you putting forward as proof of qualification? Did they face any measure of open competition to win the job? No, they didn't. They secured the job, without competition due to a relationship with an elected official with appointing authority. That is Cronyism.

If you are ok with it, that's fine. I'm not. I know it exists everywhere, but that doesn't make it ok and it doesn't prevent me from commenting on it. You have a connection to one of the cronies, got it. That doesn't mean I can't talk about either.

This is just a part of the bigger picture of corruption and the decline of what might've been, at one time, a decent law enforcement officer. Power corrupts and he pissed his legacy away over $600 a month, and exchanging jobs, badges and guns for cool toys and $$ for his department.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without qualification. Most professions use licensing as a measure of qualification...only one of the 12 ever had a license and it expired in 2012. What other credentials are you putting forward as proof of qualification?

I can tell you that someone that's underwritten insurance can tell you significantly more about price per sq ft than a LOT of appraisors I've dealt with. I can't tell you how many just drive by, going on what bankers relay to me. I'm still not seeing a schedule of backgrounds for credentials here?

If you are ok with it, that's fine. I'm not. I know it exists everywhere, but that doesn't make it ok and it doesn't prevent me from commenting on it. You have a connection to one of the cronies, got it. That doesn't mean I can't talk about either.

I'm ok with people hiring qualified people, those I spoke about are. The others? Sharpen those pitchforks and keep on keepin on. Post something concrete when you find it, I'll listen. Either way, he knows them, so be it.... but the $200 a year theory just doesn't hold water. Otherwise you're going to have to sit on your pedestal and preach to all those people that got jobs by knowing someone, would love to hear how that goes in the private and public sector. Concerning myself, I don't have a personal connection to anyone mentioned. I do however have information about targeted people. You can comment all you like, just don't get all huffy when corrected because you believe everything the Tulsa World wants you to believe.

I will say you should put your money where your mouth is in your convictions and push to change the laws here in terms how they should only be able to hire total strangers, that never gave any support for the elected official.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You haven't "corrected" anything...you gave your perspective and opinion. I respect it, but I just don't agree with it.

Public sector hiring should as open, honest, and involve as much competition as possible. One man shouldn't be able to make those appointments.

Nobody is "targeting" those poor beleaguered assessors....its about the process.

I'm starting to think you're on Glanz's payroll too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom