Tulsa gun show worth going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been to the Tulsa show in 4 or 5 years but just like gun prices, ammo prices were all over the place.
Some pretty good and some outrageous.
Several years ago I found some surplus ammo cheap enough that I stepped back down the aisle where I had seen backpacks for sale and bought one to haul the ammo in.
My eyes were too big for my back though, a buddy I went with knew a dealer with a couple of tables and he let me stash that backpack until we were ready to leave. I felt like a pack mule just carrying it out to the parking lot. It's kind of funny...now!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of backpacks, I learned to bring some bottles of water and snacks with me to the big show. Seemed like my joints were in better shape if I stayed hydrated with all the walking.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been to the Tulsa show in 4 or 5 years but just like gun prices, ammo prices were all over the place.
Some pretty good and some outrageous.
Several years ago I found some surplus ammo cheap enough that I stepped back down the aisle where I had seen backpacks for sale and bought one to haul the ammo in.
My eyes were too big for my back though, a buddy I went with knew a dealer with a couple of tables and he let me stash that backpack until we were ready to leave. I felt like a pack mule just carrying it out to the parking lot. It's kind of funny...now!
I've bought quite a bit of reloading supplies at Wanenmacher's,and I learned early on, don't buy bullets until right before you leave. :rollingla

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They advertise prominently that no loaded firearms (open OR concealed) are allowed. According to their signs, "... a gun show is no place for a loaded gun" - which makes little sense to me, especially when concealed licensees are included in the prohibition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom