Tulsans did hear the boom last night?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, just global warming. Can you not see all the signs? We need to turn our thermostats down 20 degrees and the world will be ok for our children, if they do not get frozen first. Woops, I mean overheated first. Damned weather, our experts can"t seem to figure it out, must be too overloaded with all that summer/winter data stuff. Need some more experts hired immediately, no previous experience needed.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did hear the boom also south of Chouteau, and in fact another one this afternoon when I was walking to the mail box. I have noticing them for a couple of years at various times. I wish we had someone on here from the rock quarry around 46th street north in Tulsa that could give us input of when they were blasting or at least a report of when they had blasted.

Also McAlster used to blow off some heavy stuff that was pretty stout at times. I was making a sales call there one day and a piece of ceiling tile was disrupted and fell on the desk of the guy I was talking with. We waked outside to finish our conversation.

Sounds and vibrations carry a long way. I am 30 miles East of Tulsa and felt the OKC earthquakes last year. The train track 4 miles away has a section west of me that rumbles at my house just north of a county road. In the winter if they are going north it is after they do the horn. South bounds are just before the horn. Can not hear the horn in the summer. Must be a solid rock formation from there to here. I feel them minutely from either direction.

Sound is another story though. The air is dense in the winter, and sound travels a long way. In the summer, thunder can be heard 50 or so miles. Winter with denser air, I am sure is much further.

If you trust your goberment, sonic booms are not allowed in the continental US, at least by civilian aircraft. May be someone forgot to not exceed the speed limit? Cant's imagine that. Well, yes I can imagine that and yes I have done that, but no one was supposed to be listening, right, but that was a long time ago, could not have been me.

We heard a boom one night sitting in the hot tub followed by a whish whish whish of a rocket shell tumbling with a glow from re entry, did not seem to be too far up, but it went over the horizon pretty fast.

Lots of stuff going on all the time. So far they have not been able to contact me to keep me informed of what is going on. Must not have my phone number in their system yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom