Turkey 17'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went hunting today. Called a coyote in with the box call. Almost blasted him, but he turned and left right before I could put the bead on him. 35 yards.
Saw a turkey on the road driving through the WMA. Sat and called some more around noon. When I got up to leave a bit later I spooked a turkey off that I hadn't even seen about 200 yards away, headed roughly in my direction.

Heard quail all morning. Fun day. Gonna try again Thurs.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A turkey "rule" , "suggestion" I was told when I first started turkey hunting was to always sit ten minutes longer than you plan to. I can't tell you how many times that's paid off, many, many times. Whenever you're ready to get up and move on, sit ten more minutes.
Same goes for deer hunting, unless it's the end of shooting light, of course. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I have to tell myself that all the time when deer hunting. i'm not a very patient deer hunter. I can usually talk myself into doing something else, like kicking up rabbits, quail, or jump-shooting ponds. Can't do that this time of year, so I'll force myself to sit longer next time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom