Turkey 23'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it, like retrieverman said, ya’ll are making me want to get a loader for 3” shell now. But for what things cost and that we can mow shoot just one bird, I can’t say it’d be worth it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever tried a tight turkey or trap choke with a skeet load 1oz of #9 shot? It's pretty impressive. If you think about the average trap clay when shooting trap is just over 30y away when hit and going away from the shooter at 42mph(if at a registered shoot). And those shooters dust them with 1oz of #7.5 or #8 shot. When you start considering all of that and the size of a turkey's head, high dollar turkey loads are pretty much a gimmick imo.
I’ve never used anything but #5 lead in a 2 3/4” pheasant load and full choke. Kills them dead every time. Calling them in close is the sport for me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it, like retrieverman said, ya’ll are making me want to get a loader for 3” shell now. But for what things cost and that we can mow shoot just one bird, I can’t say it’d be worth it.
Those inexpensive Lee loaders will load 3” shells. I have one and have loaded them.

IMG_2557.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom