Two Airmen killed at Vance AFB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly

The Wilkies have called on the Air Force to eliminate T-38 formation landings from the training syllabus and to expedite the T-38's replacement with the planned T-7 Red Hawk.

Reminds me of a mother that took a chainsaw to a tree after her drunk son killed himself and his girlfriend by losing control of his car and hitting the tree. She couldn't see the fact her son caused the accident by the poor choices he made.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never understood the reason for those anyway
I've always wondered if it was a hold over from days past when a large number of aircraft in wartime situations were required to take off or land in larger numbers to get them in or out of the air in the shortest period of time, but I can see where that is not a necessity now.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered if it was a hold over from days past when a large number of aircraft in wartime situations were required to take off or land in larger numbers to get them in or out of the air in the shortest period of time, but I can see where that is not a necessity now.

I could see it as an advantage if numerous planes were to be taking off and expected to be airborne for quite a while. It would be less loitering above, burning fuel, while waiting for the rest of the flight to take off.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could see it as an advantage if numerous planes were to be taking off and expected to be airborne for quite a while. It would be less loitering above, burning fuel, while waiting for the rest of the flight to take off.

But this is landing, power is reduced, in case of emergency it is slow to react to power increase. On Take Off everyone is at full power and able toseperate more easily if necessary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom