Two questions...one biggie.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First,

Is there a time frame from when you take the concealed carry class to the time you have to file for the ccl?

could someone take the class and then say 3 months down the line go apply for the license? or does it have to be done immediately?

Second,

Would a conviction/charge from when you were a minor/juvenile prevent you from obtaining your ccl?

here's the facts: A long time close friend has been hanging around me a lot lately, been shooting with me at the range and so on, has taken an interest in getting his ccl. He has an assault charge from when we were pre teens, and if i remember correctly, he wasn't allowed to be near or have any weapons until he was 18. He just turned 21 a few months ago and is wanting to get his ccl but there is no point in wasting money if hes going to be denied. He's gone with me to sports world and gotten a couple handguns with no problem but im still kinda leery about the ccl.

any advice would be very much appreciated.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He better make sure he lists the conviction/charge even if he has no record. They will find it doing the check and automatically deny him if he didn't list it....

Ima just saying from experience here. I also did a stupid thing when I was younger and had completely forgot about it. I have no record either and they still found it and denied me. I had to re-apply, make sure I listed it and pay the $100 fee again to get my CCL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom