U.S. gives Egypt 1.5 BILLION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
just a short time after the muslim brotherhood declares jihad on America, we give them money. If this doesn't show the agenda of the current administration, then nothing will
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-b3mBg&usg=AFQjCNH8s9w4Uz_iphJRQuwp9zRdxp8Lvw
Obama was very involved in getting the muslim brotherhood in power in the new government. so, now he has decided to fund them even further. sad day America. this won't even make the news.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...97iaBw&usg=AFQjCNHk2EE-qgZmMnTw99KvIzAPqMm_Fw

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We could have seen it in the MSM three weeks ago, but we don't look at the MSM, because there's nothing to see there.

the pres was instrumental in getting the group that declared jihad on the U.S. in power of egypt. you take for granted that the populous is well informed, or cares for that matter.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Egypt has been a major recipient of U.S. aid for many, many years. This is not something new.

US Foreign Aid is something that makes perfect sense to the Ivy League policy wonks in the State Department, but that constantly confuses and frustrates the average tax payer. Why on Earth do we give money to other nations that are full of people that hate us and would gladly kill us? I think the idea is that it's cheaper to win hearts with (hard earned) cash than fighting wars with those people.

But, I think that model's time has come and gone. I think that we must reexamine this line of thinking. Surprisingly, this is never really discussed by our hard-working, honorable politicians. The ONLY candidates that seemed intent upon reversing this cash flow were Ron Paul and Rick Perry. With the rest (of both parties), it seems like it's business as usual. Frustrating.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
US Foreign Aid is something that makes perfect sense to the Ivy League policy wonks in the State Department, but that constantly confuses and frustrates the average tax payer. Why on Earth do we give money to other nations that are full of people that hate us and would gladly kill us? I think the idea is that it's cheaper to win hearts with (hard earned) cash than fighting wars with those people.

But, I think that model's time has come and gone. I think that we must reexamine this line of thinking. Surprisingly, this is never really discussed by our hard-working, honorable politicians. The ONLY candidates that seemed intent upon reversing this cash flow were Ron Paul and Rick Perry. With the rest (of both parties), it seems like it's business as usual. Frustrating.

I have conflicting feelings about foreign aid for Egypt. As you imply, we citizens do not have the whole picture of what the situation is there and why it may be in our interest to send them military and other aid.

One reason is to benefit U.S. businesses who are almost always the required supplier of the goods being sent. Another is to buy influence. Perhaps the pro-US side needs continued U.S. support to stand up to the radical Islamists. Another may be the pipe dream of helping create prosperity so that poverty is eliminated and war less likely. Historically we appear to have had a series of U.S. Presidents who "bought" Middle Eastern peace accords between the U.S. and Egypt using these massive aid programs.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Egypt has been a major recipient of U.S. aid for many, many years. This is not something new.
Camp David accords? Jimmy Carter decided we should pay Egypt & Israel to make nice with each other. So far it has worked, but with the rise to power of the Muslim Brotherhood, all bets are off. Since Israel has been declared their #1 enemy by at least part of the Egyptian Gov., it would appear, to me at least, while not new, its at least extremely ill advised.

Latest posts

Top Bottom