U.S. Officers Killed in Afghanistan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is wrong with this picture?

The U.S. inadvertently burns some Korans taken from prisoners.
Widespread protests occur spurred on by the Taliban
U.S. President Barack Obama deeply apologizes to the Afghan President
Two high ranking U.S. officers are shot and killed by an Afghan policeman, with high security clearance, inside an Afghan ministry.

...Afghan security officials said those killed were an American colonel and major....

The shootings come amid five days of deadly protests over the burning of copies of the Koran by US soldiers.
Taliban statement

The interior ministry was put in lock-down after the shootings, officials said.

The BBC's Orla Guerin in Kabul says eight shots were reported inside the building, which should be one of the safest in the capital, and that any Afghan who carried out the attack would have had the highest clearance.

Local media reports said the gunman was an Afghan policeman but this has not been confirmed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17163322

What is wrong with this picture? American weakness. Weakness invites attack.

We have a weak and foolish President
U.S. forces are largely unarmed in so-called safe areas. A ridiculous policy in my opinion.

I'll be listening to see if the Afghan president apologizes in front of the Afghan public for the killing of our officers. My bet is that he will not. Why should he weaken himself by doing so?

Last edited:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I make a lot of crazy posts, but my best hunting partner has been there and Pakistan in military and or contractor situations back to the 80's. What little he told me was well, DOD confirmed the easy stuff. The place, Afghanistan should be carpet bombed by the B-52's and then some 24/7. This is just what he has said, and they are in the stone age and will never get out of it.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get out? You wouldn't have to work too hard to convince me of that.

But the stupidest thing is that our solders are unarmed essentially everywhere except while in combat. The military is an anti-gun culture which does not trust their own people, even officers, to carry loaded firearms. The military brass wants it this way.

A very reasonable proposal from John Farnam:
.... The conspicuously obvious solution is that every American officer and staff NCO needs to carry a loaded pistol, on base and off, every waking minute of the day. This will insure armed and competent men and women will always be nearby when a security emergency erupts, and it will serve notice to all who intend us harm that we mean business and that we're not all "good, little victims."

Of course, there are risks inherent with the concept of treating staff NCOs and officers like adults. But, there are also risks in continuing to maintain large concentrations of easily-identified, unarmed, defenseless American soldiers in vulnerable places, where existing security forces can be easily overwhelmed.
http://defense-training.com/quips/2007/09May07.html

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's four of ours shot dead since the Koran incident....and we are the ones apologizing? F' them and their backwards sh&thole.

Time to leave.

Alan Frizzell

Marksman
Reaction score
Get out? You wouldn't have to work too hard to convince me of that. <BR><BR>But the stupidest thing is that our solders are unarmed essentially everywhere except while in combat. The military is an anti-gun culture which does not trust their own people, even officers, to carry loaded firearms. The military brass wants it this way.]<BR><BR>Sadly these 2 officers were armed, however had removed there sidearms and vests (found laying beside them) due to being in such a secure area. All our military advisors were imediately recallled back to secure US bases. The a-hole who assasinated them has not been apprehended.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom