ultimate gun room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry de Ferrers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got into guns and shooting and I'm thinking about turning the garage into my gun dojo. I want to make a workbench and possibly use the area for gun storage too. Is a gunsafe in a garage a bad idea?
I'm getting most of my inspiration from this thread on ar15 http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_46/264729_The_Gun_Room_Picture_Thread.html It's 29 pages of some of the best gun rooms.

Henry de Ferrers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.imfdb.org_images_4_47_Red_303.jpg

www.imfdb.org_images_6_69_Red_304.jpg

www.imfdb.org_images_a_ac_Red_213.jpg

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though I have a large barn with one corner devoted to being my "Shop" with most of the tools I've ever wanted, I usually end up reloading or working on guns on our kitchen table.

If you create a man cave, pay attention to humidity and security. Either can mess with guns.

And, diffuse, bright lighting over your clean/ flat work space is super important.

Have fun with it, but be sure to fill it with... Guns!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto on the humidity factor unless your garage is air conditioned. A safe is okay if you don't mind high temps. Makes gun oil a lot more mobile for one thing. Wooden stocks can soak up lots of oil at the wrist under those conditions.

If you do go with a garage safe, a large "goldenrod" or other air drying device is a necessity. I have toyed with the idea of making my third garage stall into a climate controlled work/gun area, but it would be too much work and too much money.

So the third stall has an above ground tornado shelter and a storage wall. "My room" is a spare bedroom with safe, reloading bench, one wall with shelves, desk with computer in one corner and walls covered with disgusting (according to my wife) stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom