Are guns basically your only hobby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I was supposed to be someone's hobby this summer. They said they were bored and would make me their summer project and they and their VA buddy were coming down to Elgin to "get" me.

LOL I'm still here and haven't been gotten biznatch!...

45NBLUE

New to the site!
Reaction score
Love my guns, reloading and precision shooting. BUT, I also love playing my guitars, fishing and outdoor cooking.

I'll never get tired of my firearms but found that I can't go to the range every week.
Since retirement I stay busy with shooting as well as my other hobbies when I can't be at the gun club.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my latest is old vices. They can be had for cheap and if they could talk, think of the stories they could tell. I had to make a carrier washer for this one. Someone had already been into it and misplaced it. The handle was bent but I didn’t want to discolor it with heat so I had to bend it back into shape.

Old vices are cool. I don't really have any but I love old anvils. I'm down to only 1 right now because I got tired of moving them.

I bought this one on a motorcycle trip thru northern Idaho and southern British Columbia. It rode on the passenger seat of the Road King from Bonner's Ferry back home near Lewiston...210 miles. Trenton, 165 lbs, made in 1899:

A.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm more into EDC gear nowadays. Of course, a firearm is ALWAYS a part of my daily carry. But lately I've been into more knives, flashlights, pouches, wallets and hanks.

Now, I'm not an extreme EDCer, meaning I don't carry survival and prepping type gear like mini fishing kits, fire starting gear (other than an occasional Bic lighter) or a huge elaborate first aid kit. I do carry a minuscule boo-boo kit when traveling with my family, mostly just a few wet ones and band aids.

My daily loadout usually consists of my Glock 43X and two spare mags (pocket carry) a Spyderco Tenacious, a Surefire G2X Tactical, my wallet, my phone and a pouch that holds a Victorinox SAK, an Olight i3e EOS flashlight, a Fisher Bullet space pen, a Rite in the Rain OTG notepad, a hank, my Key-Bar Jr. and a pair of spare batts for the Surefire. And sometimes I'll carry a Streamlight Microstream in my shirt pocket.

But yeah, firearms are a huge part of my life. But nowadays it seems like they've switched roles from a hobby to basically a tool.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm more into EDC gear nowadays. Of course, a firearm is ALWAYS a part of my daily carry. But lately I've been into more knives, flashlights, pouches, wallets and hanks.

Now, I'm not an extreme EDCer, meaning I don't carry survival and prepping type gear like mini fishing kits, fire starting gear (other than an occasional Bic lighter) or a huge elaborate first aid kit. I do carry a minuscule boo-boo kit when traveling with my family, mostly just a few wet ones and band aids.

My daily loadout usually consists of my Glock 43X and two spare mags (pocket carry) a Spyderco Tenacious, a Surefire G2X Tactical, my wallet, my phone and a pouch that holds a Victorinox SAK, an Olight i3e EOS flashlight, a Fisher Bullet space pen, a Rite in the Rain OTG notepad, a hank, my Key-Bar Jr. and a pair of spare batts for the Surefire. And sometimes I'll carry a Streamlight Microstream in my shirt pocket.

But yeah, firearms are a huge part of my life. But nowadays it seems like they've switched roles from a hobby to basically a tool.
Who else, besides me, is really glad their name isn’t Hank?

Knives and flashlight… yet another love of mine… I have a few rite in rain notebooks. Not really my thing, and I just really don’t need to be able to write in the rain. I can see it being very useful in your line of work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom