Unexpected Find.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
They say that 2 is one, and one is none. Well, I guess today I now have one. I lost my favorite beater knife a few months back, have not been about to find it. Finally got around to ordering another one, and got it in last night. Felt good to have the old Douk-Douk in my hands again. Went for a ride this morning around 430, stuck my garage door opener in my seat bag. By the time I came back it was light, and when I was trying to grab my garage door opener, I found my old Douk-Douk!
14BC6430-301F-40BA-A7EA-14A44DA0E606.jpeg
967013B9-3D3B-4930-B736-F0CEE8C0118F.jpeg

Super awesome little knife, super simple. Handmade in the same place since 1929, No lock, no nonsense. Just a folding knife, 6 total pieces of steel. You can adjust it by hitting it with a hammer, you can use it as a hammer or prybar. I’ve trued up the blade using a brick wall before, and it stays pretty sharp regardless. Takes up zero space in my pocket too, as you can see here next to my Case medium Stockman. Not bad for a $30 knife.
IMG_2905.jpeg

Have an unexpected favorite knife? What is it?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you found your knife. I lost an important one for 2 years. I had two Church Classes on hands and knees across a pasture. No luck. Over 50 people helped me search. The knife had saved my life and helped many others in need.

2 years later found it riding down in the bowels of a big Grasshopper Mower!
Bought a dozen of them and put that one in the safe. Buck 180 Crosslock, it was issued to me.

Here is a photo of one like it. Again, glad you found your old knife!

IMG_7700.jpeg

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago I bought a case of CRKT M21G10 Carson Flipper knives to give to my crew in appreciation of completion of a particularly nasty and hot demolition job imvolving 8 crackhouses for the city of KC MO.
I had kept two, gave one to my grandson and kept one for myself. Great knife, EDC maximum daily use, but I finally broke the blade lock and threw it in my toolchest for utility cutting. I bought a new CRKT M21 G10 with button lock and D2 steel blade. Sweet EDC.
Innovative company with cool products for decent prices

Latest posts

Top Bottom