UPS Mail inovations sucks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like the wildly inaccurate delivery dates suggested to me when the seller is shipping by "mail innovations" but my best delivery story, I lay totally at the feet of the U.S. Postal Service.

Years ago while traveling, I got offered whatever I wanted to have from a ton of paperback books.
I picked through the pile and got what I wanted to read, enough to fill a cardboard box that was about 2.5 feet long and about 12 inches by 16 inches in height and width.
I taped it up real good and my the way to the airport, stopped by the post office and said I wanted to send these books to Oklahoma the cheapest way, Book Rate.
After asking if it was all books in there, the postal service employee sniffed and informed me that it's now called the Media Mail rate.
I said, yeah fine just ship these books to Oklahoma for me the cheapest way.
I flew back home and forgot all about the box o' books.
Literally SIX WEEKS LATER, I get a card in the mail saying there's a package at the post office for you.
It was my books! The box was all in one piece and still taped up.
But one end of that box, about 12 x 16 inches, had a pair of deep rounded imprints, of somebody's a$$ cheeks in it. Turning the box up on end, it was obvious somebody had been using my box as an chair during their coffee or smoke breaks.
I guess they finally felt sorry for me and sent it on to Oklahoma.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not that I don't have some issues with USPS ... I do. But, it seems to me that any time you choose "Free Shipping," you are probably going to get some sort of "Innovation" or "Smart Post" and there will be delays. Those delays are usually before the package reaches USPS. Case in point, and I brought this up in another thread, I am still waiting on a package that was supposed to be here Saturday. I knew better. They're not even giving an estimated delivery date now. Please note that it sat in KC, MO for five full days. Then, it went from KC, MO to Carrollton, TX and now it will eventually make its way back to OK.

In Transit

Estimated Delivery
Please check back later for scheduled delivery.

Ship To
ENID, OK, 73703, US

We care about the security of your package. Log in to get more details about your delivery.
Date Location Activity
07/20/2020 1:04 P.M. Carrollton, TX, United States Package departed UPS Mail Innovations facility enroute to USPS for induction
07/20/2020 7:57 A.M. Carrollton, TX, United States Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
07/15/2020 3:51 A.M. Kansas City, MO, United States Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
07/14/2020 9:32 P.M. Kansas City, MO, United States Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility
07/14/2020 1:58 A.M. Kansas City, MO, United States Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations
07/13/2020 12:00 P.M. Fenton, MO, United States Shipment tendered to UPS Mail Innovations

Now, for the USPS. I get an email every day from USPS "Informed Delivery" or whatever they call it. It shows you pics of most of the mail that should be delivered today. I like it! They provide a caveat that the mail they show you might not actually be delivered today, but should be within a day or two ... and, that happens all the time. ALL the time. So, today, I should have three pieces of first class mail and a package that went straight into the hands of USPS in Coolidge, AZ. What did I get? A magazine. No package, and not one piece of 1st class mail. I guess they still have almost ten minutes to make that 8PM delivery. And why? ... WHY? ... do I not get mail until after 6PM some days. I just don't understand. I have discussed some of these issues in the past with @pstmstr and he was very helpful. EXTREMELY helpful, and I appreciate it. Can they just not hire enough people? Can they not get good help? Is it management? Sorry, I'm not offering any answers. But, I do thank @pstmstr and thousands of other USPS employees who I am sure strive every day to perform their duties to the best of their abilities. I personally know a few people who have worked for USPS in the past, so I have heard some of the stories. Hopefully, our packages will eventually arrive in good condition.

MONDAY20 JULY2020by
8:00pm

USPS Premium Tracking™ Available
Status
In-Transit
July 20, 2020 at 1:15 am

Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility

OKLAHOMA CITY OK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Change Delivery Instructions
In-Transit
Text & Email Updates
Delivery Instructions
Tracking History

July 20, 2020, 1:15 am
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
Your item departed our OKLAHOMA CITY OK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on July 20, 2020 at 1:15 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
July 19, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
July 18, 2020, 10:58 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
July 18, 2020, 3:58 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
July 17, 2020, 6:57 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
July 15, 2020, 5:13 pm
Departed Post Office
COOLIDGE, AZ 85128
July 15, 2020, 3:27 pm
USPS in possession of item
COOLIDGE, AZ 85128

This one concerns me with no arrival at unit scan. My guess it sat in a container at your post office and wasn’t worked timely so yes it’s a management issue. I suspect it will arrive today. As for late delivery, your Postmaster isn’t managing the carrier on the route like they should be. Occasional late deliveries are sometimes staffing issues. Every day needs to be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I posted this thread just to give @pstmstr something to do today. It had been a week since the last post about some shipping company sucking so I chummed the water a bit. I will admit the majority of the time my mail and packages show on time or a day before. My normal mail carrier is a very nice lady that does a great job. I can say USPS gets it right more often than not with first class and priority that I use when sending items I sell online. Also the the informed delivery is very slick. I have only had to file insurance once with USPS and they paid out after a couple weeks or whatever the designated time way. A package went mia in the middle of shipping with them. I did have a piss poor mail lady in Skiatook and the postmaster got her straitened out.
Thanks for getting me going.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don't like the wildly inaccurate delivery dates suggested to me when the seller is shipping by "mail innovations" but my best delivery story, I lay totally at the feet of the U.S. Postal Service.

Years ago while traveling, I got offered whatever I wanted to have from a ton of paperback books.
I picked through the pile and got what I wanted to read, enough to fill a cardboard box that was about 2.5 feet long and about 12 inches by 16 inches in height and width.
I taped it up real good and my the way to the airport, stopped by the post office and said I wanted to send these books to Oklahoma the cheapest way, Book Rate.
After asking if it was all books in there, the postal service employee sniffed and informed me that it's now called the Media Mail rate.
I said, yeah fine just ship these books to Oklahoma for me the cheapest way.
I flew back home and forgot all about the box o' books.
Literally SIX WEEKS LATER, I get a card in the mail saying there's a package at the post office for you.
It was my books! The box was all in one piece and still taped up.
But one end of that box, about 12 x 16 inches, had a pair of deep rounded imprints, of somebody's a$$ cheeks in it. Turning the box up on end, it was obvious somebody had been using my box as an chair during their coffee or smoke breaks.
I guess they finally felt sorry for me and sent it on to Oklahoma.

Now we’re complaining about year’s ago? Some of you guys crack me up. You’d be amazed at how poorly some packages are packed. Since we are reminiscing, years ago Oleyeller, who I understand was attacked and killed by a roving pack of liberals, was missing a jacket he had purchased. I was able to find it in claims where only a tiny sliver of the label remained on the package. Packages get handled a lot of times and are tossed into bins. Label it correctly so it won’t come off and reinforce the packing. I do remember using a package to sit on when we played dominoes all day in the break room. Did it have any coffee stains on it?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now we’re complaining about year’s ago? Some of you guys crack me up. You’d be amazed at how poorly some packages are packed. Since we are reminiscing, years ago Oleyeller, who I understand was attacked and killed by a roving pack of liberals, was missing a jacket he had purchased. I was able to find it in claims where only a tiny sliver of the label remained on the package. Packages get handled a lot of times and are tossed into bins. Label it correctly so it won’t come off and reinforce the packing. I do remember using a package to sit on when we played dominoes all day in the break room. Did it have any coffee stains on it?
That right there is funny... I don't care who ya are!! :rollingla

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, Here is a current one. It took 4 days to get 175 miles, straight up I-35. Informed delivery says I'll get it today, but last Friday they told me I would get it yesterday. I'm pretty sure my mail carrier delivers every other day. Pretty much everything I get arrives only after some kind of screw-up.

July 21, 2020, 3:25 am
July 20, 2020
July 17, 2020, 8:25 pm
FORT WORTH TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 17, 2020, 7:10 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
BEDFORD, TX 76021
July 16, 2020, 3:57 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BEDFORD, TX 76021

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
OK, Here is a current one. It took 4 days to get 175 miles, straight up I-35. Informed delivery says I'll get it today, but last Friday they told me I would get it yesterday. I'm pretty sure my mail carrier delivers every other day. Pretty much everything I get arrives only after some kind of screw-up.

July 21, 2020, 3:25 am
July 20, 2020
July 17, 2020, 8:25 pm
FORT WORTH TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 17, 2020, 7:10 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
BEDFORD, TX 76021
July 16, 2020, 3:57 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BEDFORD, TX 76021

Definitely a screw up at Fort Worth mail processing center and nothing to do with your carrier. Should have been processed and delivered by Monday. Not sure what zip code you’re in but I’d guess you might get it today but probably tomorrow. It sat in Ft Worth 2 1/2 days. Everything you get is screwed up? A bit of a stretch but ok. This one definitely was. PM me with your next screw up and give me your address, I’ll try to see what I can do. Been retired 9 years but still know some people I can gripe at.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to clarify. UPS and FedEx aren't any better. I said "pretty much". That gives me a tiny bit of wiggle room, but it is true that there is a problem, more often than not. 73048, so it is pretty much in the boonies.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do remember using a package to sit on when we played dominoes all day in the break room. Did it have any coffee stains on it?

LOL.
I never thought of a seat for playing dominoes. I knew my box wasn't needed at the crap game because everybody was huddled in the corner of the break room for that one.
No coffee stains on the box when I got it. And it was taped up well, with the label and the postmark still affixed.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite story- I shipped 48 POUNDS of lead cast bullets for a Whitworth in a $13.45 Flat Rate box to Pennsylvania. I quadruple taped it and marked "HEAVY" in big sharpee on all sides. Needless to say, it arrived in three weeks. Sure enough the box had exploded and they put the remnants in one of the big USPS totes. I'p pretty sure most of the bullets arrived. I mean, Flat Rate means Flat Rate, right???

Latest posts

Top Bottom