URGENT ACTION NEEDED- EPA trying to gain control of your land- urgent action needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please specify which FAQ you mean here, and how it contributes to the understanding of the changes in the CWA.

They purposely bury stuff that's unpopular with circular links, a bazillion freaking departmental pages, categorical pages, and circular links and more circular links. Did I mention the circular links? Watch those, and take your blood pressure meds and brush up on your zen. You almost need a PhD to navigate, but it is actually in there somewhere...

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the whole idea is to change the description of ANY standing water to "Waters of the United States" this allows the EPA and others to expand and enforce rules that already exist onto private property. the fine for the violations used to be in excess of 25000.00 dollars per day with no limit. the rules for the most part now ore for navigable waters only.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the whole idea is to change the description of ANY standing water to "Waters of the United States" this allows the EPA and others to expand and enforce rules that already exist onto private property. the fine for the violations used to be in excess of 25000.00 dollars per day with no limit. the rules for the most part now ore for navigable waters only.

If the waters are "Waters of the United States, wouldn't that mean THEY have to pay for improvements necessary to maintain them?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It looks like they still mostly apply to navigable waters. (s)(5) is still excluded for the most part.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes for now. they want to change that part to include any water that stands for a specified period of time. including the water in your driveway?? the comment period has started and runs until October I think.

They've been known to go after folks for improving drainage in ditches. I don't have the reference handy, but another forum had a significant thread on a specific instance.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the comment period has started and runs until October I think.

Comment period where? I haven't seen where the proposal was posted in the Federal Register. Is this comment period for the communications passing between the Farm Bureau and the EPA?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom