US Gun Supports Runs Deep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great article - it helps make up for all the lousy media opinion pieces.

US gun support runs far deeper than politics...Take Blake Smith, a mechanical engineer who lives near Houston and uses an AR-15 style rifle in shooting competitions....
"I sit at a desk all day. And when I get out to the range, I don't hear any gunfire going on," said Smith, who likens his emotional detachment to his guns to the way he would feel about a car or any other machine. "I'm so intent on my sight alignment, my trigger pull, my position. I don't worry about anything. I don't think about anything. It's relieving. It's therapeutic. Everybody has to have their Zen."...

Dave Burdett, who owns an outdoors and adventure shop across the street from the sprawling Texas A&M University campus in College Station, says his affinity for guns is rooted in history, not sport.

"It isn't about hunting. Everyone says, 'Well, I can understand having a sporting rifle, but not an AR-15," Burdett said. "But wait a second — the idea of the Second Amendment was to preserve and protect the rights of individuals to have those guns."

"Remember that the (American) revolution was fought by citizen soldiers," he added. "To this day, that's one of the cornerstones of our military defense. We have an all-volunteer military."

http://news.yahoo.com/us-gun-support-runs-far-deeper-politics-161134679.html

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The previous post to your "quote:"

"In the raw aftermath of the second-worst school shooting in U.S. history, countless gun enthusiasts much like Lanza's mother complicate a gun-owning narrative that critics, sometimes simplistically, put at the feet of a powerful lobby and caricatured zealots. More civilians are armed in the U.S. than anywhere else in the world, with Yemen coming in a distant second, according to the independent Small Arms Survey in Geneva."

Why do I get the idea that the Associate Press actually thinks that gun owners "complicate" the situation instead of fulfilling the second amendment?

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Why do I get the idea that the Associate Press actually thinks that gun owners "complicate" the situation instead of fulfilling the second amendment?

This is JMO, but I think the media now looks at the illegal aliens and minorities as the "normal" US citizen.. Gun owners are now looked at as wearing greasy overalls, sitting on our porches with our assault rifles, bandoleers of ammo and bibles, tobacco spit running down our chins, while our broken down FWD trucks sit on concrete blocks in in our yards, and our glassy eyed inbred kids play with cans of gasoline, pipe bombs and other hazardous objects.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is completely political and all about control, the left (DNC/DNP) doesn't like firearms and wants them gone (in varying degrees), while the right and many indy's (repub & libertarians) do want guns, with as few guns laws as practical. Having the MSM so ingrained with Marxist left-overs from the 60-70's teaching younger liberals makes it even worse.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The previous post to your "quote:"

"In the raw aftermath of the second-worst school shooting in U.S. history, countless gun enthusiasts much like Lanza's mother complicate a gun-owning narrative that critics, sometimes simplistically, put at the feet of a powerful lobby and caricatured zealots. More civilians are armed in the U.S. than anywhere else in the world, with Yemen coming in a distant second, according to the independent Small Arms Survey in Geneva."

Oops, I skimmed over it too quickly. This puts a different slant on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom