US Reaper Drone and Russian Su-27 collide over international waters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you’re saying we should just take Ukraine’s and Russia’s word for what’s happening and not fly our own reconnaissance to see what’s really happening?
we have a right to be in international waters, but should we really be ignoring the founding fathers and getting entangled in foreign conflicts? We probably blew up their pipeline and they didn't do anything back except crash a drone (so far that we know of). That is some serious restraint that I don't think any other nation including us would have shown.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
President Biden had ordered all US war ships to leave the Black Sea at the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine so as not to antagonize Russia.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...a-before-ukraine-war-general-says-2022-03-30/
Because of that move, Russia has now reached the site of our downed 'Reaper' Drone and is attempting salvage of our classified aircraft, while the United States sits on it's hands hoping, HOPING, that Russia doesn't get hold of our technology.

https://www.aol.com/news/russian-forces-reach-us-drone-234509898.html
U know they already have it and we probably have theirs too...we've had drones crash elsewhere and that stuff gets sold on the black market I'm sure...Syria comes to mind. The Russians were in Syria when Trump bombed 300 of them so I'm sure they stole a drone or two there too...glad when we kill them and blow up their pipelines they only retaliate against drones LOL.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't quite understand how the SU-27 could damage the prop of the Reaper. The Reaper has a cruise speed of around 150mph. The fighter's stall speed would probably be around this figure. I'm thinking there's something else going on.

BTW, I think the Russian's dumping fuel on the drone is an analogy of 'pizz'n on the US of A'....
Its top speed however is 300 mph.
If it was moving at close to top speed, the SU-27 would probably be able to nudge the prop.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This little toy carries Hellfire Missiles and GBU-12 Paveways.
Great, we just gave the neighborhood bully those too. Older US technology but USSR is way behind the curve. Nice that they will be able to reverse engineer everything as a complete set. BTW, my analogy was not to belittle our tech, it was to compare nuclear war to a comparatively minor offense. Iran shot one down, no issues, no call for war or offensive gesture on the side of the clowns in DC. Lindsay Graham though and others have called for us to shoot down russian aircraft and he invoked the tag line, what would Ronald Reagan do? I have a feeling that Reagan would not have gotten us into this asinine position to begin with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom