Used/cheap shop building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I figured I should post here rather than just relying on my googling expertise(or lack thereof). I’m going to be moving forward with getting a shop going for my business. I have a friend who is going to come do concrete for me so if it’s a metal building with columns that get anchored down that’s fine. But looking for something in the 30’x40’x10’ range. Disassembled would be amazing but if it needs disassembled I can do that but keep my location in mind (Claremore). Anyhow, if you have something or know of a lead please let me know! Thanks guys and the two ladies

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check with local churches. My dad got his (30'x40' with 14' sidewalls) when a church started a building project and sold their "bus barn." He had to disassemble and remove it, but he got it on a sealed bid for a few grand. My brother got his (40'x70') from a church in Sapulpa that had bought a used red iron building then decided to go a different direction. I think he gave around $10K-$12K for his, but it was already disassembled, so all he had to do was find someone to move it. (The purlins were 24', which are a bit long to haul on a 16' trailer.)

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check with local churches. My dad got his (30'x40' with 14' sidewalls) when a church started a building project and sold their "bus barn." He had to disassemble and remove it, but he got it on a sealed bid for a few grand. My brother got his (40'x70') from a church in Sapulpa that had bought a used red iron building then decided to go a different direction. I think he gave around $10K-$12K for his, but it was already disassembled, so all he had to do was find someone to move it. (The purlins were 24', which are a bit long to haul on a 16' trailer.)
Dude, the irony that you say that. My church, literally two blocks around the corner was giving away for free a stick build duplex building. First come first serve. I was the 3rd person to call. Wasn’t a shop but I totally could have made it work. But yes, contacting a church is a great idea thank you!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can order kits for dirt cheap. My 46x26 barn/carport with a ton of upgrades, extra doors, custom paint, heavy duty steel upgrade, closed gable ends, 45 deg corners around the doors...was only $15,300-ish...and that included delivery and setup. So minus a few grand I'm guessing if you're gonna build it yourself.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can order kits for dirt cheap. My 46x26 barn/carport with a ton of upgrades, extra doors, custom paint, heavy duty steel upgrade, closed gable ends, 45 deg corners around the doors...was only $15,300-ish...and that included delivery and setup. So minus a few grand I'm guessing if you're gonna build it yourself.
Did that include concrete?

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it probably sounds ridiculous but I was hoping to find a used one. I’d like to be under $10k. But $15k isn’t bad especially with assembly. You remember who you got it from?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did that include concrete?

HaHaNo.gif

No. It included the building, delivery and installation.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom