Used/cheap shop building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can order kits for dirt cheap. My 46x26 barn/carport with a ton of upgrades, extra doors, custom paint, heavy duty steel upgrade, closed gable ends, 45 deg corners around the doors...was only $15,300-ish...and that included delivery and setup. So minus a few grand I'm guessing if you're gonna build it yourself.
Man, you weren’t kidding. And free delivery and install? 🤔

IMG_7585.png

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They give you an option to upgrade to all vertical walls and roof. Vertical is far superior and stronger but it costs more because they have to cut more steel.

I'd highly recommend getting the vertical upgrade...at least on the roof...and upgrading to the heavier steel tubing and siding. That's money well spent.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, if you’re going to be spending a lot of time in there, run a hard line for data. That ways you can stream music, or whatever while you’re working. Wifi doesn’t transfer over well from your house to the inside of a tin can lol.
Good point! I have a 250’ all weather Ethernet cable somewhere

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point! I have a 250’ all weather Ethernet cable somewhere
If you need some help, let me know. I literally do that kind of work for a living. I’d suggest running in conduit. Should the cable ever get damaged, youll be glad it was in there. It makes repulling it way easier. And because it’s low voltage, it doesn’t have to be very deep. I always tell people just bury it deep enough that you won’t hit it with a lawn mower or something

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you need some help, let me know. I literally do that kind of work for a living. I’d suggest running in conduit. Should the cable ever get damaged, youll be glad it was in there. It makes repulling it way easier. And because it’s low voltage, it doesn’t have to be very deep. I always tell people just bury it deep enough that you won’t hit it with a lawn mower or something
You do electrical too?

Latest posts

Top Bottom