USPSA or IPSC in OKC area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looking to shoot competitively with others... IN OKC AREA

I know nothing about the scene...but I am certainly not new to shooting. Can anyone help me out? I want to shoot once or twice a month, but nothing to crazy.
What do ya'll reccomend? USPSA matches (H&H), or IPSC(OKCgunCLUB)?

What is the difference?

I would love to meet some of ya'll and see some matches. Are they kid friendly? I'm hoping my son or nephew would be interested also.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a little info to get you started.
IPSC is the International org, and USPSA is the US affiliate. Although we loosely call everything IPSC sometimes, in the US almost everything is a USPSA match, except for cetained sanctioned IPSC done with the international rules.
Rlues are here:
http://www.uspsa.org/

Your gun determines the Division; how well you shoot the classifiers determines your Class.
Stock 1911s shoot Single Stack division (have to see your grips to say about them, read rules).
Normally G 34s and 35s can shoot Production Division, but not with a conversion barrel.
Could put the .40 barrel in and shoot Limited or Limited 10 or Production.

If you want to try IDPA, come on down to Altus this Sat.
http://www.itpsc.org

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OKC gun club has IPSC the 1st Saturday of the month and H&H is the 2nd Sunday. I think there's one at Heartland in Edmond on the 3rd Saturday.

Last edited:

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H is the 2nd SUNDAY of the month. It's this Sunday at 5:30. You can shoot the G35 in Limited division and load the mags to capacity or you can shoot the 1911 in Single Stack division. For a new shooter, I would recommend the G35.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would base my decision of which gun to shoot on how many known good magazines I had for each gun. You can get by with two with the Glock, but need a minimum of four eight-rounders for the 1911. If you are missing something for the first match folks on this page will help you out. Don't buy anything until you try it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom