Vacation to British Columbia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got back from a 9 day trip to Western British Columbia two days ago.

The high temp was 78 degrees. Lovin it!:D

Get out of the heat was the object and see another part of the North American Continent that my wife hasn't been through.

Flew into Vancouver, and three hours later was on a ferry to Vancouver Island. In that country, ferrys are a fact of life. Drive on, go to the sun deck and take some awesome pics.

Spent one night in the "urban" territory and went to Euclid on the Pacific side of the Island. Basically its for fishing, and hiking. The hiking trails were incredibly manicured. We walked for miles and miles on trails that gave some opportunities to observe some incredible wildlife, and enjoy the cool temps.

Took almost 300 pics, I'll post more in the pics forum, as soon as I can get them loaded.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_Eagles_DSC02750.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_Eagles_DSC02975.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_beach_20photos_20in_20British_20Columbia_DSC02771.jpg

Off the mainland, You have to get around on ferries.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_Ferries_20of_20British_20Columbia_DSC02741.jpg

One must be carefull on the trails. The wind was in our favor when coming on this bear. He finally realized we were there, but continued to eat. We backed out, and hit another trail..

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_Ferries_20of_20Bc83a18719fa82c8a72a05f9e7a41ebcb.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_Ferries_20of_20Bda0a8d2e00dc9e6645f1a8c5240ffe2c.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_sea_20planes_DSC02862.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_sea_20planes_DSC02882.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_sea_20planes_DSC02808.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_sea_20planes_DSC02810.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_Ferries_20of_20B0e211f83b09ad2238f5d0ec4de876192.jpg

Last edited:

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like you had a great trip! My wife and I got married in Whistler a couple of years ago and can't wait to make a trip back to BC.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BC is beautiful country. The first year after my wife (a Canadian) and I married we drove across Canada from northern Ontario to Victoria where my mom and older brother live.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great! Made me feel cooler from just the scenery alone! Thanks.

Thank you for getting me some inside info before we went! Do your friends that go up there live in Tulsa by chance? We ate dinner at the harbor in Victoria, and struck up a conversation with a Canadian couple. They said they have friends from Tulsa that have been coming there every summer for 4 years, and each year, they stay a little longer.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for getting me some inside info before we went! Do your friends that go up there live in Tulsa by chance? We ate dinner at the harbor in Victoria, and struck up a conversation with a Canadian couple. They said they have friends from Tulsa that have been coming there every summer for 4 years, and each year, they stay a little longer.

My friends live in OKC, he is 70 something and she is in her late fifties, but that is about how long they have been visiting there. It is by far their favorite place to vacation.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you had a great trip, but now I am homesick. It sure is beautiful country & alot of it.
Me & my buddies in highschool would spend time up island usually around Cowichan lake drinking beer during the summer long ago before it really became popular.

You find it hard to find a hot day on the west side of the island. Post up some more picks I'd like to see them, & yes BC ferries has more ships than the Canadian Navy

Latest posts

Top Bottom