Vehicle Tags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
May have to get Norman PD to assist other departments with that 😂 any tag that is 90 days expired should result in a vehicle impoundment and a fine. It’s not that hard. I’ve seen brand new expensive cars with dealer tags that are months old. While I may not agree with the amount for excise tax and taxes, either enforce the law or abolish it.

Last edited:

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the victim in an expired tag? Police have bigger things to worry about than a dude not giving the tag agency $40 for a sticker
The post about "paper tags" being way out of date, it's more than $40 bucks for a sticker. When was the last time you bought a vehicle? If you where ever a victim of a hit and run and couldn't get a tag number because its was a paper tag, would you still ask "who's the victim"?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about the current tug-a-war over tribal plates as I was driving around town this morning. I did see a good number of tribal plates, but I also saw a large number of paper tags, many of which were over 6 months out of date. When will LEO start ticketing those folks?

If you cant afford to register and tag the car, you cant afford it.

Heck roll the TTL over into the loan if you need to or want to.

As far as the tribal plates, well the law is being enforced from a 30 year old supreme court ruling that has to be enforced due to the Mcgirt ruling.

Cant have it both ways, either all in or all out.

Or everyone just call it good, go back to how things were and move on with life,

No disrespect intended towards anyone.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you cant afford to register and tag the car, you cant afford it.

Heck roll the TTL over into the loan if you need to or want to.

As far as the tribal plates, well the law is being enforced from a 30 year old supreme court ruling that has to be enforced due to the Mcgirt ruling.

Cant have it both ways, either all in or all out.

Or everyone just call it good, go back to how things were and move on with life,

No disrespect intended towards anyone.

I told Grumpy when McGirt came down that things like that were double-edged swords and the Indians might not like how it plays out. Lawyers have all day every day to do what they are trained to do -- find a way to do what nobody expected. 🤷🤷🤷 And some of them are very, VERY good at what they do. 🤗

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some expired paper tags are due to a backlog in the system. I have friends that have expired tags and when I ask them, they say they are still waiting for their regular plates.
This one caught my eye recently.
IMG_8438.jpeg

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just tags, it's all traffic laws. LEOs, in my opinion, have ben incentivized NOT to enforce most traffic laws because of "rassism" and "ACAB" movements. I see people stop 100 cars in traffic because they need in another lane (instead of just going on and coming back to it) or pulling U turns in the middle of the highway, running over both curbs.
Traffic has become a joke and we're all suffering because of it.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where's the victim in an expired tag? Police have bigger things to worry about than a dude not giving the tag agency $40 for a sticker
The victim is us. the registration and excise tax, is part of the state revenue, and when that is not paid, we make up the difference by our taxes increasing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom