Vehicle Tags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how it is now but in the past ,if you bought a vehicle at a dealership , you were waiting for the title hence the paper tag.
To be honest, I didn't think about that. However when I bought my truck back in Dec of 22, and it was a used one from a Norman dealership, I had my paperwork by the first week of Jan. My daughter got hers pretty quick as well.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tags are the least of anyone’s worries. They will have to pay the fees when they finally get their tags, or when they buy their next car. Often, many crappy dealerships lose titles or paperwork and it can take them more than a month to get it sorted out. It’s a waste of time for a police officer in a busy municipality to stop people for that sorta thing exclusively.

If we just look at the numbers (at least what few I could find) I found 2 numbers: 1169, and 2000.

1169 is the number of uniformed officers employed by the City of OKC, to enforce the laws of the roughly 700sq miles that OCPD is charged with patrolling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This includes Field training officers, supervisors, UC, CSI, regular beat cops, traffic cops, etc. I’m willing to bet that when it comes down to it, there’s a max of 250 cops on duty at any one given day.

2000 is the number of 911 calls a day that OCPD/OCFD was receiving in 2009, according to an article in the Oklahoman. This doesn’t include non emergency calls or routine police work, like traffic stops or helping someone observed on the side of the road. Since 2009 OKC’s population has grown 20%.

Just by looking at the numbers, I think it’s safe to say that they don’t have the time to pull people over for not going to the tag agency.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I for one, am disappointed when I see someone driving around a hoopty-mobile with a long expired paper tag. Not long ago, any self respecting deadbeat would have the decency to go to one of the many "paper tag mills" available in certain parts of T-town, and just get a "new" paper tag. Going rate was $15.

Kids these days...

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tags are the least of anyone’s worries. They will have to pay the fees when they finally get their tags, or when they buy their next car. Often, many crappy dealerships lose titles or paperwork and it can take them more than a month to get it sorted out. It’s a waste of time for a police officer in a busy municipality to stop people for that sorta thing exclusively.

If we just look at the numbers (at least what few I could find) I found 2 numbers: 1169, and 2000.

1169 is the number of uniformed officers employed by the City of OKC, to enforce the laws of the roughly 700sq miles that OCPD is charged with patrolling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This includes Field training officers, supervisors, UC, CSI, regular beat cops, traffic cops, etc. I’m willing to bet that when it comes down to it, there’s a max of 250 cops on duty at any one given day.

2000 is the number of 911 calls a day that OCPD/OCFD was receiving in 2009, according to an article in the Oklahoman. This doesn’t include non emergency calls or routine police work, like traffic stops or helping someone observed on the side of the road. Since 2009 OKC’s population has grown 20%.

Just by looking at the numbers, I think it’s safe to say that they don’t have the time to pull people over for not going to the tag agency.
But there is time to check tribal tags?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Traffic enforcement is a low priority and they are short handed in most departments. A person should still get their registration and tag in a timely manner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom