Vehicle Tags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Some expired paper tags are due to a backlog in the system. I have friends that have expired tags and when I ask them, they say they are still waiting for their regular plates.
That's strange. When you go to a tag agency they give you a sticker for your existing tag or a new metal tag if it's an additional vehicle.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulling folks over with long over due expired paper tags almost always result in other offenses. No insurance, outstanding warrants, etc...........the list goes on. Those that neglect the tag nearly always neglect other things that they should be responsible for.

It works the other way as well. When I worked at the OSBI, one of my jobs was maintaining the criminal records. It was not unusual to see a case where the perpetrator was probably pulled over for speeding and the officer finding they the perp had a warrant. Many an arrest record with a felony warrant, driving while suspended, no insurance, etc.

You'd think that a "hardened" criminal would work hard to stay within the law if they had a warrant out on them.

Another thing I began to wonder about after doing that job for a while was when I saw a car with a lady driving and a guy in the passenger seat, did the guy have a suspended license?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It works the other way as well. When I worked at the OSBI, one of my jobs was maintaining the criminal records. It was not unusual to see a case where the perpetrator was probably pulled over for speeding and the officer finding they the perp had a warrant. Many an arrest record with a felony warrant, driving while suspended, no insurance, etc.

You'd think that a "hardened" criminal would work hard to stay within the law if they had a warrant out on them.

Another thing I began to wonder about after doing that job for a while was when I saw a car with a lady driving and a guy in the passenger seat, did the guy have a suspended license?
I make my wife drive. I am surely a hardened criminal

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some expired paper tags are due to a backlog in the system. I have friends that have expired tags and when I ask them, they say they are still waiting for their regular plates.
Really. Is it a vanity tag they are waiting on? Otherwise the tag agent issues you a tag on the spot at registration, unless you have traded in or sold a vehicle prior to the purchase, then, in that case you already have a plate to put on the vehicle.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably a college football player 😂
naw! The flex is with watches. He did get a Rolls Royce
though, lol.

sanders watch.jpg

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don't know how it is now but in the past ,if you bought a vehicle at a dealership , you were waiting for the title hence the paper tag.
Still happens and some take longer than others. The state just passed a law where you now have up to 60 days to register a vehicle instead of 30. Mine only took 9 days but some have had problems getting them timely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom