Very Trusting guy from Washington State??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a call last week regarding 2 generators I had listed in the classifieds here on OSA from a guy in Washington State, He asked if I still had them and when I said yes he replied " I will take them both" no other questions, He got my address and sent me a Money Order from a bank in Washington. I took it to my bank and they will check it out and make sure it is good before they deposit it and as soon as the money hits my account I will ship him the generators (he sent money for shipping also) Then he tells me if they get there undamaged he will mail me another $50.00. I am surprised that anyone is that trusting anymore!

P.S. the ad was about 8-9 months old??

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I sold an early rare model AR to a guy in another state(through his FFL) sight unseen.
He sent the money, i verified his FFL through FFL EZCHECK and away it went.
I can't really do that. I guess I'm too paranoid.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're on the first page of results if you search "redi-line generators for sale" in Google.

I'd wait until the money order clears, wait a couple of days, and make sure you have insurance on it.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're getting scammed.

Call the issuing bank, but don't use the phone number on the MO. Don't ship it when the money hits your account. Wait a few days. The bank can always take it back.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are still a few trusting, honest people out there, but, as others have advised, be careful, there are a lot of crooks. We post our auction handbills on the web. I have sold several items over the phone to buyers in different states. I sold a $500.00 bill to a guy in California, a trumpet to a guy in Pennsylvania, etc. I hold the merchandise until I get confirmation that the MO is good, so I guess the worst case scenario would be me being stuck with something that I didn't want to buy for myself. If that happens, at least I have the means to resell it and recoup at least most of my money. So far, all deals have been legit, but I'm sure some day I'll get hit with a scam.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had my bank call his bank, They said it is good. I am glad I read the advice on here, I am going to wait a while before I ship them out to make sure I have my cash in hand and won't have to return the money to the bank! Thank you for your help and advice!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had my bank call his bank, They said it is good. I am glad I read the advice on here, I am going to wait a while before I ship them out to make sure I have my cash in hand and won't have to return the money to the bank! Thank you for your help and advice!

Good deal D. Glad it looks like it's legit.

Can't be too careful these days with as many scammers as are out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom