Veterans Day Deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son sent me a deal that rib crib would offer a free meal.
I ate at the Ponca location twice and have been totally disappointed in what they call BBQ. Last Tuesday we went there and I was sick as a dog an hour after leaving the place for about 48 hours. Won't be going back even if free. Your store may be great.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah Veterans Day, where they get free stuff and can pretend to be Democrats if just for one day
Please don’t cry, someone will be along to gib you sum freebies. Till they can get here, enjoy this pacifier.

1668076243379.jpeg

Try to keep it out of your mouth this time.
The last one is still dribbling down yer chinn.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife was looking online for what was being offered this Veteran's Day, and she was surprised to find that most of the places making offers were limiting to certain meals, simple discounts, and other odd offerings.

Most years I pass unless we just happen to be going somewhere that a veteran gets a benefit. We went out to Hideaway Pizza a few days ago, and they are offering a percentage discount for veterans every day. In our case, they discounted everything for all three of us instead of just my meal. (I don't know if that is normal. Maybe the young lady goofed up.)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Fire Birds offers a free meal with another meal purchase. Went there last year and got a nice prime rib dinner. We eat there a lot so no guilty feelings for getting free stuff from me.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure about anyone else, but whenever we get a discounted/free meal due to order screw up or veteran's deal (which isn't often), etc. I take the cost of the discount/free meal plus the normal 15-20% tip combined and leave it for the tip. It helps my psyche in not feeling like a mooch and helps the much needed wait staff in their daily lives. YMMV

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always tip in an amount that would be equal to or more than the meal would have cost me. I know that many that get the free meal will not tip so I try to make up a little of that. The meal cost me the same as it would have any other day, the cafe gets to take a tax deduction and the server is rewarded for their efforts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom