Veterans...Post up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I could be called "REMF" and if you don't know the term, don't ask. My weapon ended up being a bank of Collins R-390A radio receivers as we "gleaned" information. Service was in what was called U.S. Army Security Agency, and we had to have top secret clearances. They based their choices on whom they approached to enlist by the early testing prior to draft or enlistment. While we might have had high scores to get into ASA, we didn't always conduct ourselves in "intelligent" ways.

I've got two photos of me, one in a set of tailored khakis and my favorite when out on training exercises with an M-14 in hand. Dang, I wish I had one of those.

Oh, and GlockCop and Badge Bunny have both met me and can definitely attest that I'm nowhere near this thin now.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1978 Alaskan Air Command or known locally as Always Away Camping.

Wasn't always fun and games tho

Army medivac to the rescue. Glad they found us because we were out in the middle no where. ELT did go off and had to burn tires off of aircraft for a signal.

First fifteen years of my life were on a military base. Father served Navy and Air Force from 1943 to 1971. I sure miss him.
Myself - AD five years Air Force and two years National Guard. No regrets. Lots of memories.

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ship.jpgI think this is at feed pump station, in the belly of the USS Roosevelt Nuclear plant RAR 1. I'm on the right with the shaved head, had to get our exercise.Half Uniform!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Armored Cavalry Regiments deployed on the East German border- principally the 2nd ACR and 11th ACR (although some non-border divisional cavalry units wore them) wore the beret from 1973 to 1978.

I was previously unaware of how individualized uniforms were before my time. It seems like big army really made some changes to "local command guidance" where that was concerned in the last part of the seventies. Thanks for the history lesson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom