Virginia Hands Out 6996 Traffic Tickets In One Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's exactly what they're counting on too! :(

Really tho man, should i have to be a lawyer to just drive? Why should i devote myself to studying the convaluted process on the event that i could wind up in the system? I did my time in the screwed up system that is our military and now i just want to be left alone to live and enjoy my freedom, not have some other crap system come screwing with me bc i have 3 dollars in my pocket that they haven't handled yet.

[/rant]

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wish OKCPD would adopt this - it would be win-win - cut down on the all the red-light-running, texting, speeding dipsticks around my neck of the woods, thus saving many of us from near-certain maiming eventually, and generate revenue at the same time - maybe then would could lower our outrageous sales tax rate, and I could stop driving to Norman for large purchases.

You have a curious definition of the phrase "near-certain". You also have a curious definition of "saving".

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really tho man, should i have to be a lawyer to just drive? Why should i devote myself to studying the convaluted process on the event that i could wind up in the system? I did my time in the screwed up system that is our military and now i just want to be left alone to live and enjoy my freedom, not have some other crap system come screwing with me bc i have 3 dollars in my pocket that they haven't handled yet.

[/rant]

I'm right there with you brother! This country is ate up with adding "modifiers" to every little thing they can possibly stick it to you with. If they'd just make a law with a penalty and stick to that, they wouldn't need all these modifiers. :(

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well for starters, I'm curious about that "For as little as 15 mph over the limit". . .ummmmmm . . . wtf? as if going 5 or 10 over isn't enough, you want to be able to go 15 over now without repercussions? I've drove all over VA, and they're just harsh, period. Try being military in VA and getting a driving offense, it's double slam.

Red light cams, ahhh you wonderful peeves of technology. I honestly didn't really care about them one way or the other for awhile. They installed them in MO a few years ago, Springfield was one of the poster towns.

They didn't last long though, as a former LEO, in his POV, ran a red light and got ticketed. Knowing all the ins and outs of the law like he did, he took his case to the MO Supreme Court, arguing that it's unconstitutional since he couldn't argue his case with an officer immediately. He won, and MO shut them down.

No one had any problems other than your normal "I hate tickets" until then.

I'm not cop-bashing, I fully respect officers and the job they do. I don't like, however, that you can be a lawyer or someone doing that job 24/7 and beat the system when you know the myriad number of laws, their loopholes, and the lexicon of terms involved.

I'd like to consider myself decently smart, but like GTG and de-evo said, should I really have to spend my spare time reading law books just to eat, sleep, live, and breathe in this country?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well for starters, I'm curious about that "For as little as 15 mph over the limit". . .ummmmmm . . . wtf? as if going 5 or 10 over isn't enough, you want to be able to go 15 over now without repercussions? I've drove all over VA, and they're just harsh, period. Try being military in VA and getting a driving offense, it's double slam.

Red light cams, ahhh you wonderful peeves of technology. I honestly didn't really care about them one way or the other for awhile. They installed them in MO a few years ago, Springfield was one of the poster towns.

They didn't last long though, as a former LEO, in his POV, ran a red light and got ticketed. Knowing all the ins and outs of the law like he did, he took his case to the MO Supreme Court, arguing that it's unconstitutional since he couldn't argue his case with an officer immediately. He won, and MO shut them down.

No one had any problems other than your normal "I hate tickets" until then.

I'm not cop-bashing, I fully respect officers and the job they do. I don't like, however, that you can be a lawyer or someone doing that job 24/7 and beat the system when you know the myriad number of laws, their loopholes, and the lexicon of terms involved.

I'd like to consider myself decently smart, but like GTG and de-evo said, should I really have to spend my spare time reading law books just to eat, sleep, live, and breathe in this country?

According to the BAR assoc., no. You just need to continue supporting your local underprivileged lawyers! :nolike:

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the BAR assoc., no. You just need to continue supporting your local underprivileged lawyers! :nolike:

Is that the "Browning Automatic Rifle" association? :D

Fortunately, knock on wood, I've yet to have to support any underprivileged lieyer, and I hope that streak continues.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides Valley Brook, be very careful scootin' thru Arcadia, as many OKCGC members can affirm. 1 mph over.....

But honestly, having speed limits, rules of the road, stop/yield signs doesn't seem to drive the point home to many who are given licenses. It's all about ME and what I want....I (that's BIG I) am in a hurry, and do not have time to be behind you, who are driving the idiotic 35mph (or whatever) limit!!!. The whole planet is waiting on ME to get there so they'll know what to do next!
No, you don't understand!....I HAVE to text while I'm driving 'cause I've GOT to know what Lindsay told Cody at lunch! Why should I stop?....there wudden anything comin'! WHATEVVVER!!! Slow down?! You think I should slow down because of some stupid "construction zone"!? Forget it! This is the freeway, I'm gonna keep goin' 70!....."

Fact is, you gain virtually nothing going 10 over the limit, because there are stop lights, other traffic, etc. I've often wondered if all traffic laws should be just forgotten about....60 down Rockwell? No big deal.....red light?...shih, I'll jes' back off a little 'til I kin git a look left n' right, then I'm movin' on! I'll just dial up n' talk n' tex' much as I want, skrewit! Nobody's gonna tell me.....!

If the laws & rules were repealed, and a few catastrophic incidents happend, maybe then, a little common sense and maturity might seep into the exceedingly dense crania of some individuals and reach the oatmeal housed there. After all is said & done, many are not easily mortified and it takes something bad, or very expensive, to make them realize the roads are not their private little Hallett or Indy, etc, or that their SUV isn't their own rolling phone booth.

Blatant failure to pay attention while driving and ignoring the rules is nothing but childishness, n' cest pas?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides Valley Brook, be very careful scootin' thru Arcadia, as many OKCGC members can affirm. 1 mph over.....

But honestly, having speed limits, rules of the road, stop/yield signs doesn't seem to drive the point home to many who are given licenses. It's all about ME and what I want....I (that's BIG I) am in a hurry, and do not have time to be behind you, who are driving the idiotic 35mph (or whatever) limit!!!. The whole planet is waiting on ME to get there so they'll know what to do next!
No, you don't understand!....I HAVE to text while I'm driving 'cause I've GOT to know what Lindsay told Cody at lunch! Why should I stop?....there wudden anything comin'! WHATEVVVER!!! Slow down?! You think I should slow down because of some stupid "construction zone"!? Forget it! This is the freeway, I'm gonna keep goin' 70!....."

Fact is, you gain virtually nothing going 10 over the limit, because there are stop lights, other traffic, etc. I've often wondered if all traffic laws should be just forgotten about....60 down Rockwell? No big deal.....red light?...shih, I'll jes' back off a little 'til I kin git a look left n' right, then I'm movin' on! I'll just dial up n' talk n' tex' much as I want, skrewit! Nobody's gonna tell me.....!

If the laws & rules were repealed, and a few catastrophic incidents happend, maybe then, a little common sense and maturity might seep into the exceedingly dense crania of some individuals and reach the oatmeal housed there. After all is said & done, many are not easily mortified and it takes something bad, or very expensive, to make them realize the roads are not their private little Hallett or Indy, etc, or that their SUV isn't their own rolling phone booth.

Blatant failure to pay attention while driving and ignoring the rules is nothing but childishness, n' cest pas?

WHAT?!?!!?!?!? Follow the rules of the road??!!?!?!? You're kidding, right?? :pms2:

(I kinda like you ... :kiss::bighug::heart:)

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ohh, baaaadddd memories. Dogs and Squids Keep off the lawn!:nono1:

icedakotart2000

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is just outrageous. I just got one in the panhandle for $211.50 for not coming to a complete stop at 3 am. The bad part was #1 I was tired from bailing hay that late and #2 I could see for 10 miles in each direction and there were no cars in sight. When he stopped me he was a rookie cop with a attitude and there was no way to talk him into giving me a warning. I'm still pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom