Waco incident 4-19-93

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I recall the BATF came in full tactical gear and attempted to storm the compound leading to the initial loss of life and the ensuing standoff. As someone else has pointed out, Koresh could have been taken in town with a whole lot less drama. I compare this incident to no knock warrants, unless there is the threat of immediate loss of life, I think it would be better to try to capture the subjects away from home. As a Monday morning quarterback it is easy to see where everything went wrong. I think the Feds would have been better off just laying siege to the Branch Davidians until their supplies ran out. Also as I recall, the BATF was looking for Hellfire trigger kits that were never found in the ashes. No matter what their beliefs were, no one on either side deserved to die.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Actually, I was thinking that the feds were making pretty good offers to him in negotiations, but Koresh claimed that he needed to write some religious documents before surrendering.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. It is my understanding that before the standoff, he offered to come in and talk, and was rebuffed.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes.....Meh... our government lead by Janet Reno burned children and their parents alive...this is what our government did.

The ATF raid was a clusterf**k from the start. But, once the AFT pulled back, those parents could have sent their children out anytime they wanted. Those parents chose to keep their kids in a compound that was under siege. Everyone in that compound could have walked out and they would still be alive. Did they think the ATF the FBI were going to just pack up and leave, after 4 ATF agents had been killed? There are two choices, the people in the compound chose to stay, in that case they were risking their lives and the lives of their family. Or, they were not free to leave, in which case the ATF was justified in the raid to begin with.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Koresh had been taken in town, the Gov. would have had a much more difficult time seizing the Davidians assets. There's a conspiracy theory for you. The whole thing was a test case to apply asset forfeiture to a religious organization.

[Throws thought grenade, ducks]

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ATF raid was a clusterf**k from the start. But, once the AFT pulled back, those parents could have sent their children out anytime they wanted. Those parents chose to keep their kids in a compound that was under siege. Everyone in that compound could have walked out and they would still be alive. Did they think the ATF the FBI were going to just pack up and leave, after 4 ATF agents had been killed? There are two choices, the people in the compound chose to stay, in that case they were risking their lives and the lives of their family. Or, they were not free to leave, in which case the ATF was justified in the raid to begin with.

I see, our government became powerless once 4 of their agents were killed, they only had one choice, kill em all. Thanks Ace.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Send the kids out? With hoards of government space ninjas looking to avenge their fallen brethren..not sure as a parent they could trust the government space ninjas.. afterall they knew they don't
mind shooting women and children in the back..as per the RR taught them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom