Wal*Mart refuses to sell shotgun to petite woman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Her husband was there, and said if he wanted it for his own use, he would have made the purchase.

So he said it, you should take his word for it and risk losing your job?

It is those times when you want to hand them both a 4473 just to be careful.

x2! but obviously he was too lazy, or didn't know how to do it.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like they do if you go in to buy beer and someone with you is under the age of 21 and you are 21 or older. I've gone to buy beer before and someone that looks like they might be under the age of 21 has gone with me and they ask for both our ids. ........
......REALLY ....I would have had some words about this.....refuse to sell it to me.....thats ..Your Right.
Go Somewhere else with a Big Ol ..."fu"....is my right...asking for someone with me's ID is out of the ?????????

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like they do if you go in to buy beer and someone with you is under the age of 21 and you are 21 or older. I've gone to buy beer before and someone that looks like they might be under the age of 21 has gone with me and they ask for both our ids. ........
......REALLY ....I would have had some words about this.....refuse to sell it to me.....thats ..Your Right.
Go Somewhere else with a Big Ol ..."fu"....is my right...asking for someone with me's ID is out of the ?????????

You're right I should cause a social uproar in Walmart, (which is private property btw) and drive, and waste gas so my social rights to buy beer aren't infringed. And like you said it is their right to refuse service to anyone. Their policy is to check to make sure they aren't selling to minors. You can either abide by them, or go somewhere else. Which one is easier if both are you are of consenting age? I would have walked out for the gun purchase and gone somewhere else, maybe another Walmart? Why create waves if you don't need to? Taxing us for use of the 2nd amendment right to carry is against the constitution but I don't see anyone bitching about it on a daily basis like some people do about other issues.

Right to buy beer being infringed in a private establishment? PLEASE.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you dont stand up for yourself youll get run over...obviously you dont under stand that.....continue on ..
.Ill go somewhere else

I totally understand that. But do you understand that you have to pick your battles? Do you think Walmart asking for your id and a suspected person under 21's id really a fight to get into? If you don't like their policy go buy it somewhere else. They have the right to refuse service and make policies to cover their ass and you have the right to abide by them or not. Ain't America great? Not like Walmart is the only game in town to buy beer...

Let's not always deal in the hypothetical and "infringed" rights, and lets deal with real world scenarios.

You forfeit your right to carry a handgun into stadiums, or bars. Does that stop you from going to bars or sporting events? I would think you'd be more outraged about that "violation of rights" instead of Walmart asking to see my and my friends id.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who makes the most straw purchases in the gun industry? Men or women? In the top comment it was suggested that women do, so I could see why the clerk would jump to conclusions if that assumption is true. There's always two sides to a story and we've only heard one.

In your experience, is a woman more than likely capable of shooting a .22, or a .45?

One of the comments also suggested slapping the clerk upside the head, putting him in his place, and telling him to ring it up anyway. I'll put money on your/the commenters suggestion being false. Who makes more purchases altogether? Men by a large margin.

And who isn't MORE capable of handling a .22? Its not his place to make a judgement of her capabilities. And yes, like I said, I'd like to hear his side of the story as well.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who makes the most straw purchases in the gun industry? Men or women? In the top comment it was suggested that women do, so I could see why the clerk would jump to conclusions if that assumption is true. There's always two sides to a story and we've only heard one.

In your experience, is a woman more than likely capable of shooting a .22, or a .45?
My petite wife would be real upset if you tried to take her 1911 in .45 cal. She is 5 ft. and less than 100 lbs. If her size was the only thing, then the clerk was wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom