Walking Dead Season 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Premier was awesome. The deer standing there was dumb, wouldn't happen. If it did, me being Grimes, I'd tell my kid not to get near it. That is not typical behavior and I would have assumed it was sick or infected.

I thought the same thing about the harley and loud pipes, like that's not going to draw attention? Dumb.

The RV rad hose probably could have been rigged by taking one of the large rad hoses off of the water truck motor or the flipped big rig or or or... I agree it could have been fixed easily. Though the guy did say that he had it fixed quickly, he just didn't say anything.

My wife, who works in the veterinary field, had the same questions about fluid contamination in the mucus membranes like mouth, eyes, nose, etc when they pulled the dead zombie bodies over themselves as the un-dead zombies walked by. She was all "How are they not going to get infected by using a zombie as a blanket with nothing covering their faces?"

Then I was all "This show was written by men and they have bigger brains than women, it's science. They know what they are talking about just watch the show." Of course I was being sarcastic.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You forget. These people are not from Oklahoma and I have no idea how to southern engineer or think on their feet. They can probably tell where the nearest Starbucks is, but not how to make a homemade spear as a standoff weapon.

Rick, the main characters are from Georgia. Have to assume Georgians can better "southern engineer" than we dumb Okies.

This is based on a very successful series of graphic novels.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know JB. I would put the average Okies ability to make something useful out of crap up against almost anyone in the world.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the simplicity of the full face motorcycle helmet idea!

And some ladies are watching the show....my wife didn't watch season one, but I bribed her to watch a recap of 1 and the premiere of 2, and now she's hooked.

Now if we can just get BB to watch it.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know its in the script but why Ft Bragg? I could think of so many better places to go to. Whats with the sheriff deputy uniform, its not like there's any rule of law left in the world after the zombie apocalypse?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know its in the script but why Ft Bragg? I could think of so many better places to go to. Whats with the sheriff deputy uniform, its not like there's any rule of law left in the world after the zombie apocalypse?

Benning you mean? Probably the same reason they went to the CDC. Both are in Georgia and they are looking for someone in control, some safe haven....they aren't settled on the idea of being alone and wandering.

As for the uniform...probably just because it fits the story. It's who he is/was and he's hanging on to that.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know JB. I would put the average Okies ability to make something useful out of crap up against almost anyone in the world.

Yeah, okies can make a pile of turds into a semi functional pile of turds. This is evident just driving on the roads with others piloting something that looks like it used to be a safe mode of transport.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love this show but there were some serious problems. First, complaining about scavenging from some vehicles? How else have they stayed alive this long...they've been scavenging since day one. The two cops wanting to take all the other guns in camp and lock them up...so what was the point of going back to Atlanta to get the bag of guns if you aren't going to distribute them? No way people would give up their guns...or that the officers would want to be the only ones armed. The whole thing with the deer was stupid...it would have been long gone once it saw them. Contamination...with the amount of blood most of the characters have got on them, they would all be infected.

I know it's sci-fi, but surely they can do a little better. Still, the zombie effects are amazing and its the most interesting thing on TV right now.

Soothsayer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rabies is only transmitted by salivia in the bloodstream (like a bite) or direct blood stream contact with infect brain stem bits. If this zombie virus is supposed to be like rabies, which the show alluded to when they were at the CDC, its entirely possible that it would only be transmittted by bite....wait a minute...I actually put some serious thought into a show about zombies. I must need more to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom