Walking Dead Season 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanna know how you get infected from a bite, but getting covered in zombie-gook or zombie blood doesn't seem to lead to infection, especially when there's not exactly a washing-up station with Lysol or disinfectant around.

Really? The zombie-virus or whatever is ONLY carried in saliva? Not in any other fluids???? Yeah.... right.

Anyways... yeah, loved the premier. I am pissed I gotta wait till next weekend.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed that also...I figured at least a few would have loose laces. kinda goofy the dude throwing water a at the zombies. Still a pretty good episode though.

I aint never been hunting, but I didn't think deer would let somebody get that close to them. I figured the kid would reach out and touch the deer or slice it's throat with his little knife...Go all berzonkers and such. A zombie would jump on the deers back and take a bite out it would have been cool. I guess thelittle girl was found be the other group of survivors.

If you have netflix, it is on their instant watch list.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea i think the deer wouldnt just sit there and stare.i thought it would run or attack him.they can get violent.a while back i saw 1 buck kill 3 dogs and they where fighting in the middle of a pond

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanna know how you get infected from a bite, but getting covered in zombie-gook or zombie blood doesn't seem to lead to infection, especially when there's not exactly a washing-up station with Lysol or disinfectant around.

Really? The zombie-virus or whatever is ONLY carried in saliva? Not in any other fluids???? Yeah.... right.

Anyways... yeah, loved the premier. I am pissed I gotta wait till next weekend.

Probably because like other fluid borne viruses...it has to get into your blood through an open wound, not just contact with the skin.

As for them still not reacting well to stuff, like being hesitant to pick through the cars, I think it's just part of the story. The writers are showing the group grow into this new existence.

Some folks might adjust right away, others might cling to the old world for a long time. It makes the story deeper instead of "Hey lets get a bunch of guns and hole up for a year". That would be boring to watch.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably because like other fluid borne viruses...it has to get into your blood through an open wound, not just contact with the skin.

This is pretty much what your mouth, nose and eyes are... and with no decontamination facilities, you can bet they'd be gettin' infected. That's ok, though... it was kinda rhetorical. If realistic stuff were what I was after, I wouldn't be watchin' a zombie-thon. It's just one of those funny things about "literary license."

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is pretty much what your mouth, nose and eyes are... and with no decontamination facilities, you can bet they'd be gettin' infected. That's ok, though... it was kinda rhetorical. If realistic stuff were what I was after, I wouldn't be watchin' a zombie-thon. It's just one of those funny things about "literary license."

That is why the "IN" accessory for this years fashion conscious zombie killer is a full coverage motorcycle helmet. It not only protects against gore splatter but also against those old style brain eating zombies. Also works as a last ditch weapon. They can't eat you if you have headbutted their teeth out.

Look for our new line of bite proof undies featuring chain-mail boxers for the men and a lovely chain-mail thong and push-up bra set for the ladies. :D

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that the writers are out of touch with the fans of the genre. They have some misguided thought that women will watch this show, and therefore need to include female themes. My wife doesn't watch this show, she watches Boardwalk Empire and then reads a book while TWD is on.

Zombie canon is pretty straightforward. There are rules. We all know the rules, they don't need to be re-stated. Only a damn fool would go hand-to-hand with a zombie without first putting on some safety goggles and at least a handkerchief on the mouth. We can pretend that TWD is occurring in an alternate universe where the potential for a zombie apocalpyse is unknown, but wouldn't the show be 10 times better if the characters were reading Generation Z and watching Zombie movies to get up to speed?

The comment about the cars being a graveyard was deserving of a straight-up ***** slap. Yes, let's not consume the 50 gallons of water because that would offend some dead people. If we find an operational Humvee with a .50 call machine gun let's leave it behind to honor their memories. It is not realistic. A mother with a small child is not going to think twice about scavenging.

Also, would any parent under any circumstances allow their kid to leave the RV until/unless you establish a safe beach head? Really? Okay, junior, go and play but be home by dark. Don't talk to strangers (especially the ones that groan and try to eat you).

Quit writing the show for women. You are wasting your time, and wasting the opportunity to make a solid SciFi show, which is all this is.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the last episode, they use rocks and machetes b/c sound will attract the zombies. However, loud pipes on a Harley is totally acceptable.

And, they can't scavenge a newer Winnebago?

Seriously, they are the dumbest group of survivors that I can imagine.

I like the show. I just wish the writers wouldn't insult our zombie knowledge intelligence. LOL

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the last episode, they use rocks and machetes b/c sound will attract the zombies. However, loud pipes on a Harley is totally acceptable.

And, they can't scavenge a newer Winnebago?

Seriously, they are the dumbest group of survivors that I can imagine.

I like the show. I just wish the writers wouldn't insult our zombie knowledge intelligence. LOL

You forget. These people are not from Oklahoma and I have no idea how to southern engineer or think on their feet. They can probably tell where the nearest Starbucks is, but not how to make a homemade spear as a standoff weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom