WalMart - No Ammo Sales After 10 PM............ WTF ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I hang at home to watch OSU blow the game in the last minute and then make a trip down to Wally World. I'm standing there looking in the ammo case when a WalMart associate walks up and informs me that they do no sell ammo after 10PM. I give him a big WTF look and ask why ??? He says it's "store policy" but............and get this............ informs me of other WalMart stores that WILL sell ammo after 10PM.

I really wasn't looking to buy anything anyway as I'm stocked up for WWIII and probably half of WWIV. I just like to take a peak while I'm in there to see what's new. But seriously, each store manager gets to set "store policy" for ammo sales ?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with it. It's a private business and they should be able to set their rules as they see fit. On the other hand try to buy a bottle of Yukon Jack on a Sunday in Oklahoma. The State of Oklahoma apparently thinks you shouldn't be able to get your drunk on on Sunday. That's something you should complain about........

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the same problem a few weeks ago. I was told it was store policy, not an across the board WalMart policy. After speaking with the store manager they allowed me to make a purchase, and even carried the ammo to the front of the store for me.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wal mart on 240 has sold it late to me before...I40 and Macarthur usually won't sell after 9 Edmond wal mart (danforth) I can't recall how late they would sell

This is the Walmart I'm talking about, I live a mile north of here and have bought at all hours of the night.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Belle Isle does the same thing. I know that WalMart Corporate doesn't support this policy, because they told me so. However, the local managers are enforcing this non-policy policy. I brought it up here once before, and nobody gave a damn about it. It's very inconvenient for me with my schedule. I normally shop at night anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom