Walmart on west Reno in OKC refuses to sell ammo on 3rd shift.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walmart Supercenter
6100 West Reno Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73127
(405) 491-0320 ‎

I work late. I prefer to do my shopping at night, when the store is slow.

I was not open carrying, we aren't allowed to do that here in Oklahoma (yet). This Walmart refused to sell me ammo at midnight. The employees told me that there was a Federal law restricting ammo sales at night. I told them that wasn't true, and I asked to see a manager, and I got Josie (assistant manager). She tells me that it's Walmart policy not to sell ammo from 10PM to 7AM. I already know that walmart has no such policy, because I got the store manager at another store who already corrected his employees. I like that store (Belle Isle), but their ammo selection is dismal. I found the West Reno store to be pretty well stocked.

I called walmart corporate (1-800-walmart) and was told there is no such policy. They took my complaint, and told me that someone would call me. Well, today someone called me. Some assistant manager from the store, who told me that that has been that store's policy for as long as she has worked there, and that one time some criminal fired a gun in the store. This is why they have the policy. Oh, and it's the policy because it's always been the policy. :screwy:

I asked her when the shooting incident took place, and she admitted that the incident happened since they have had that policy. I told her that clearly the incident was not prevented by the policy not to sell ammo to law abiding citizens on 3rd shift. I tried to reason with her, but she told me that she doesn't have authority to set store policy. I then asked why she was the one who was calling me back, then? I also asked her to get someone who DOES have that authority to call me back. I even proposed that perhaps NOBODY had that authority?

I know, I know... many people hate walmart. Many people refuse to shop there. However, you have to admit that we should all have the ability to buy ammo any time and any place that it's legal and a store is open.

I'm planning to keep bugging them on this issue. Hopefully I will get an area manager to call me before long. Anyone else been down this road? I usually don't make waves, but I'm not cool with antis setting pulling policy out of their butts.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy ammo all the time at the walmart at danforth and santafe. Way after midnight a lot of times!! They have never heard of such policy. I even asked them about it the first time I bought ammo after 10pm.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, I went into a Wal-Mart to buy ammo once around 11:00pm. They let me purchase it but they had to walk it to the front of the store where it had to remain until I was ready to exit.

And I had just gotten off of work and was in uniform! :police2:

I rarely ever buy ammo at Wal-Mart unless I just have no choice. :finger: I figure the small town gun shops in my area need my business worse than corporate Wally World does. Hell, I'll even pay "a few dollars more" at my local gunshop over WM just to help keep their doors open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom