Walmart on west Reno in OKC refuses to sell ammo on 3rd shift.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having worked sporting goods in Walmart, I can tell you that there is no such corporate policy.

However, local managers are stubborn people, it may take a few calls to corporate to resolve the situation.

swoklagunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion on this is, if the store has merchandise, and the store is open to the public, it is the store's obligation to sell all available merchandise in the store. If they are going to pick and choose which items they are going to sell, then they obviously have no need or desire for my money. Sure, they have the right to refuse service to anyone, but if they will sell me detergent, but not ammo, then that's just warped policy. Either refuse me service across the board or sell me what they have for sale.

M

malexander

Since I'm really new at this sport. I went to King's just about an hour ago to get some ammo for a couple of guns. The guy behind the counter happens to be a friend I hadn't seen in probably 10-12 years. He's actually a gun nut, so I trust his judgement when I'm asking what would be good for certain application. I would be a little reluctant to put that much trust in WM, not saying I wouldn't, but............ unless I knew the person.

Marshall Alexander

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I'm really new at this sport. I went to King's just about an hour ago to get some ammo for a couple of guns. The guy behind the counter happens to be a friend I hadn't seen in probably 10-12 years. He's actually a gun nut, so I trust his judgement when I'm asking what would be good for certain application. I would be a little reluctant to put that much trust in WM, not saying I wouldn't, but............ unless I knew the person.

Marshall Alexander

Not sure what this is about... I don't ask the people at WalMart for advice on ammo or guns. I go there to purchase said products. The limit of my questions is related to what they have in stock and how much it costs.

For the record, I've bought ammo at 4:30 AM at my local WalMart, though they did have to locate the key. I got some funny looks for buying 500 rounds of handgun ammo at that time of day, but hey... I couldn't sleep. ;)

M

malexander

Not sure what this is about... I don't ask the people at WalMart for advice on ammo or guns. I go there to purchase said products. The limit of my questions is related to what they have in stock and how much it costs.

For the record, I've bought ammo at 4:30 AM at my local WalMart, though they did have to locate the key. I got some funny looks for buying 500 rounds of handgun ammo at that time of day, but hey... I couldn't sleep. ;)

Like I said, I'm kind of new at this so I have a tendency to ask questions, to try learn things.

Marshall Alexander

M

malexander

It's cool... and I agree, then. DON'T ask WalMart people about ammo choices. ;)

That was my point.
An example, I'm an electrician and plumber. I've had to follow homeowners who tried to do their own work, but failed. They tell me "the guy at Home Depot (or Lowes) said this would work."

What I'm really trying to convey here is I'm not an expert on ammo or guns, so I tend to ask a lot of questions. So typically, I go to the place I feel I'll get the most educated answers, ie gun stores, knowledgeable friends, etc. WM isn't in that catagory thank you very much.

Marshall Alexander

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run a service business. My employees interact with my customers more than I do. Sometimes, my employees are the only person that my customer ever meets. If my employees were making policy on the fly that turned business away or upset my customers, I would damn sure want a customer to contact me and let me know.

Wonder if tptb at Walmart corporate feel the same?

Latest posts

Top Bottom