Walther CCP M2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody got one? I've only seen them in the case at the LGS; I did handle it and yes, the ergonomics are very good. And I mean very darn good. It felt like it was custom made to fit my hand. Now, to compare, I have and really like my PPS M2; even though it only has a 6, 7, or 8 round magazine, it remains one of my favorite pistols for carry. (It's kind of a toss-up between it and my G43X now days).

But the PPS M2 is made by Walther people at the Walther Factory, it exudes quality construction and is an accurate and reliable pistol. The CCP M2, on the other hand, is made by Umarex, Walther's parent company, the same guys that make Umarex airsoft pistols and such and it's made at the same factory that makes these airsoft things. The CCP M2 may sport the Walther name and logo on it's slide, but I'm afraid that the resemblance to a real "Walther" stops there. Anyway, I decided to give the CCP M2 a look, as I do like Walther pistols, and the design features of this gun are interesting, reminiscent of the Hk P7. Again, the resemblance seems to stop there. Why do I keep saying that the resemblance stops there when comparing the CCP M2 to the PPS M2 and the P7? Because while I was fondling the gun at the LGS, I asked permission and then...I dry fired it. And the trigger was an abomination. It was gritty, jerky, and ...and...well, it was just nasty. What the heck?

I quickly gave it back and looked around to make sure that nobody who might know me actually saw me considering this gun. But hey, maybe it was just that one pistol...or maybe it had some crud in it or something. So, does anyone here have one and like it?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife carries the first one, loves it. I do too though wish the magazine was a semi double stack. The grip is big enough to accommodate one. It shoots fantastic. Frame gets a lil bit hot, though not as hot as the HK P7 did.

We did have one magazine that wouldn't feed reliably and Walther said, "Sorry to hear that"

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife carries the first one, loves it. I do too though wish the magazine was a semi double stack. The grip is big enough to accommodate one. It shoots fantastic. Frame gets a lil bit hot, though not as hot as the HK P7 did.

We did have one magazine that wouldn't feed reliably and Walther said, "Sorry to hear that"

Man, I'm surprised they didn't take care of you as far as the bad mag; I had a 1936 era PPK in .32 ACP that was missing the loaded chamber indicator and spring; they sent me one free. Also had a mid-90's Interarms PPK/S in .380 CP that I broke the safety drum in, I mean the dang drum itself just snapped right in the middle. They sent me a prepaid shipping label and I sent it back to them. I had it back in about 7-10 days, fixed, at no charge. In both of these instances I was dealing with Walther USA out of Ft. Smith, Arkansas. I guess it depends on who you talk to in customer service there and if they are in a generous mood or not.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I'm surprised they didn't take care of you as far as the bad mag; I had a 1936 era PPK in .32 ACP that was missing the loaded chamber indicator and spring; they sent me one free. Also had a mid-90's Interarms PPK/S in .380 CP that I broke the safety drum in, I mean the dang drum itself just snapped right in the middle. They sent me a prepaid shipping label and I sent it back to them. I had it back in about 7-10 days, fixed, at no charge. In both of these instances I was dealing with Walther USA out of Ft. Smith, Arkansas. I guess it depends on who you talk to in customer service there and if they are in a generous mood or not.
I was surprised as well. Wife had a PK380 for a fun gun and they handled the recall like they did your PPK. I was VERY disappointed to say the least

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HK P7 is one of the finest pistols made anywhere in the world, at any time (ask the man who owns one). The CCP (original version) had a ton of problems. Is the M2 better? Who knows.... But it ain't no P7!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The HK P7 is one of the finest pistols made anywhere in the world, at any time (ask the man who owns one). The CCP (original version) had a ton of problems. Is the M2 better? Who knows.... But it ain't no P7!

Oh I agree, and I even felt kinda bad mentioning the CCP M2 and the P7 together. I just wanted to point out that Walther (Umarex the Toy Maker) more or less copied or modeled the gas system of the CCP after the fabled P7. And stop rubbin’ it in would ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom