Walther PPS in 9mm for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess since round count is so important, my Glock 36 means I will fail. :(

Dude, Walther is a good gun. If you have shot it, and like it, and are ok with the pricetag... do it. I have a pp32 that was made in the late 30s that shoots better than most other guns.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow, if your spending more than $600 for one "your paying way way too much"...but if you can shoot it better you couldnt put a price on one...i agree with MAC man...

I've never fired the Waltherbut dunno what advantage there would be to it other than it being a little thinner...

9mm recoil isn't bad & follow up shots are fast so I fail to see how I would shoot it bette IMHO...
Spend all that extra money on rounds & training and become proficient in the weapons you have because neither is hard to handle...

I personally may buy one for a BUG or pocket gun if it's small enough, but not my primary defensive handgun.. That's the only way I PERSONALLY would carry only the smaller gun is where deep concealment is necessary...

Remember guys this is my opinion I'm not preaching for a CCW Bible or anything... I simply believe if it's my primary defensive weapon I'm going to carry as many round to throw at a bad guy as I can to give me a better chance of gettin' out alive...

In a high stress situation the last thing I need is to run out of rounds due to not having them when I could have carried them just as easily in a G19

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine looked at several pistols for CC, including the PPS, CW9, M&P 9SC, and G26. She - and I - fired a few test rounds through each of these pistols, and we both agreed the PPS felt and shot the best overall in our respective hands. Pretty accurate too, even with the short grip.

Of course, it helped that she snagged a great deal on a slightly used PPS with five mags (three sixers, one seven, one eight). She can carry IWB with 6+1, and keep the pistol at her house loaded with 8+1. Works for her.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I also know a ton of women that carry a G19 just fine... Also there's an 11yo little girl on YouTube who shoots a G19 just fine...

It all comes down to personal preference in the end, but I intend to bring the best tool to a fight that I possibly can... To me that includes AT LEAST the same amount of lead that a bad guy is likely to have...15+1 & a extra 15 rnds in the pocket sounds a lot better when my life depends on it...

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all comes down to personal preference in the end

this is the only thing iv seen from bo that i agree with so:clap3:, +1...:thumb: if you like walther, want a walther, and shoot a walther well,can afford a walther, than it dont mean jack what we all think or whether the mag holds 7 or 70 rounds....

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry one and like it alot. Less recoil than alot of .380's i've shot, natural pointabilty, light and very thin. I carry IWB and even with shorts and T shirt you cant tell it's there, just my .02 YMMV.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is the only thing iv seen from bo that i agree with so:clap3:, +1...:thumb: if you like walther, want a walther, and shoot a walther well,can afford a walther, than it dont mean jack what we all think or whether the mag holds 7 or 70 rounds....

The question was should the Walter be bought as a Concealed Carry Weapon... Not should I get a new weapon to play Master Blaster on the range...
If that were the case I would have said Hell yeah get it shoot the crap out of it... But it wasn't..
The question was to carry it to defend the OP's life... That being the case I expressed my opinion on the matter...
He has two exceptional weapons already... Why drop a ton of money on something that ultimately isn't needed and get a good holster, buy some ammo. and train train train?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom