Wanenmacher Discharge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know, but from what I've read, I wouldn't consider them to be "very similar". But I haven't got any additional info on the Wagoner county incident other than what is in the news reports.

OK, perhaps only similar in that a gun was fired unintentionally while in possession of a peace officer? The one in February occurred in Tulsa county in the city of Broken Arrow, not in Wagoner county.

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is exactly the kind of crap the left loves so they can show how dangerous guns are, "even this Cop almost shot someone". I can't believe he would have it loaded at the show, much less aim it into a crowd and put his booger hook on the bang switch.....Darwin award candidate

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a family member who is retired from a Federal law enforcement agency. Had a full career, carried every day, never drew a weapon except at the qualifying range.
He's not a gun guy. Just carried because the job called for it.
He wasn't familiar with anything except his issued duty weapon.

Just being a LEO doesn't make one an expert. In anything.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was this guy working the inspection table or just show security hanging out at the table? I have no idea what process is involved in the hiring or assigning the people that inspect firearms brought into the show. From what I can remember they usually are wearing Tulsa Co Sheriff's uniforms. But, it would seem logical to me that the world's largest and most prestigious gun show would have some kind of orientation or training to ensure that the people inspecting guns actually know something, you know... about inspecting guns.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a family member who is retired from a Federal law enforcement agency. Had a full career, carried every day, never drew a weapon except at the qualifying range.
He's not a gun guy. Just carried because the job called for it.
He wasn't familiar with anything except his issued duty weapon.

Just being a LEO doesn't make one an expert. In anything.

My brother in law fits into this category. He carries a gun for a living and is as awkward with one in his hand as anyone I've ever known.

I absolutely don't understand cops covering for idiot cops. That reflects badly on the entire group. I've been told not to judge the entire group by a few bad apples, but if they willfully cover up crap like this, they are basically all guilty.

jphillipw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just now hearing about this. This garbage makes me SO MAD!:censored: I have the fondest memories of visiting gun shows with my dad and brothers, and I want to take my sons when they reach the appropriate age. How can I feel safe at the show when THE POLICE and armed security are the ones creating an unsafe environment?

I'm not anti-police at all. I appreciate their presence at the show. But this is entirely unacceptable. I had a table at BadShots a few years back. At the time, they allowed their vendors to carry loaded. Not sure if that's the case now. Any negligent discharges? No. "Negligent" is the operative term here, and that should never apply to armed security. I suggest Mr. Wanenmacher more thoroughly vet his hires.

Good grief, that could have been so much worse! The idiot was pointing a loaded pistol into a crowd of people! Thank the Lord that man was not elected for whatever office he ran for a few years back. I tell you, his buddy that he shot would have had to shoot me to keep me from beating him to death with his own gun if that had hit one of my children.
:angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom