Wanenmacher gun show report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After going I learned that Browning hi powers are a minimum of 1000 and k98s are a minimum of 800. Don't even ask about a p38 or luger.

I'm glad I found my Luger online then. I went in the spring looking for one and the prices were too high for shooter quality, mixed numbers Lugers.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stephen Cue is at the gun show if anyone wants to punch him in the mouth.

Please punch in the mouth people who stop to gawk at something that they have no intention of buying or the vendors who launch into a 30 minute dialogue with these people. I stopped to purchase a 500 dollar item and walked away while a 25 dollar bayonet was being expounded upon with great fervor. After 5 minutes I'd had enough. Sometimes you have to rudely break into their bromance just to get a price.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went yesterday with my girlfriend from about 11 till 4, and the crowd was on the light side of moderate when I first arrived, tapering off to light when I left. I scored a good deal on three M1 Garands, but no one bought the Swedish FSR M96 with diopter that I was carrying around. One guy tried to lowball me in a serious way, but I just rolled my eyes at him and walked on. I also picked up an autographed calendar at the Tactical Girls booth, where they asked my gf if she wanted to join them. Not sure if they were kidding.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Tulsa and bought some ammo from a member and stopped by the show to pick up a 2Hawks Warbeast. Wanted to feel it before I dropped the coin. Now that I have seen their wares in person, I have no qualms about ordering online. They are a quality. (Side note: Cut myself with in 5 minutes of trying it out on the wife's Crepe Myrtle. Ran my thumb too close to the blade cleaning it off and got filleted a bit. Wife took my new toy and hid it from me.)

www.2hawks.net_image_cache_data_2hawks_tomahawk_warbeast_white_med_2400x1100_0.jpg

Found a Transition Model 1911 barrel that I had been looking for but... it had been refinished and during that process, the interlaced 'HP' proof mark was polished off by some asshat that didn't know what he was doing. The non-serif K was strong. I gladly would have paid double the asking price of $225 for the barrel had it not been garfed but without the 'HP' proof, it is just another 1911 barrel. Maybe one day...

Corn dog was delicious.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, we get all up in arms (lol) about every company, event, etc that doesn't allow carry but I haven't seen it brought up in regard to the Wanenmacher show. Their policy is open or concealed carry is absolutely allowed as long as they are absolutely not loaded. Just curious why they aren't lambasted or maybe I just haven't paid attention.

IB4CiC (In before concealed is concealed.)

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went back today for a few hours - crowd was light to say the least, and there were multiple tables that were now bare from vendors taking off. Ran onto a beautiful SVT-40, but unfortunately the guy that bought it was standing there as I fondled it. It was the last of three that I saw there, the other two were $1079 and $3200(!!!) respectively, and neither were in near the condition this one was. Dude paid $950 for it. Damn. I guess I'm glad he beat me to it, as that's $950 that I didn't need to spend - and I would have for that one. Hey SVT-40 guy......are you an OSA'er?

Latest posts

Top Bottom