Wanenmacher gun show report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my daughter and went today. looking at new items to sell. saw a lot of dealers selling at or below cost on small cheap items. Talked to a couple dealers that sell the same items I do. The show was terrible for them. Saw one army surplus guy that must have been desperate as practically everything on his tables was marked down to a dollar. The powder guys were at an average of $32 a pound with no one buying that I saw. I bet 60-70% of dealers didn't make booth rent.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went at 2pm and I have never seen so many empty tables, ever.

2 vendors I talked to said the show was Very Slow.

As was mentioned earlier, people are learning the best deals are to be had off the internet. The large gun show is likely going the route of the smaller shows.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lower level vendors were packing up around 1:30. After walking the whole show I went back to haggle over a 1911 and the vendor was gone. Did get decent deal on ammo that was marked down when I passed it the 2nd time.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went both days..Hey I'm retired and got nothing much else to do this time of year.

Walked very slowly past the Tactical Girls booth...Damn!

Spent 2/3 hours around the Rijas tables just soaking up the glory and wisdom :wink2:

Sold a model 19 and picked up a beautiful little 410 double...had to dig deep, but this one will be in my Estate sale....hopefully not too soon.

Also picked up a nice McClellen saddle...of all things...worth the money. Will go on one of the overhead beams with my others in my rustic decor living room.

Prices we're all over the place, as stated earlier.

Now for a small rant...What the Coon Dog Hell is the deal with people not bathing?....Seens like about every third or fourth row you would pass someone who evidently had showered in a week or more!...Maybe I need to wear a full face respiator or something...How about a sniff test
at the entrance?...they could hire Badge Bunny to stand at the door and tell the offenders to go home and shower and then come back :nono1:...Now I know I get pretty ripe working around the farm in the summer, but I dang sure ain't going to bed like that!..besides, the boss lady would kick me out in a minute!

Ok, Rant off...Hope everyone had a good time.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vendors haven't learned that the gouging days are over and don't know how to adjust to normal pricing. Too many are trying to pay the mortgage off one person. Many of the quality vendors that I used to know from out of state have stopped coming.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went from about noon to 2:15. Quickest I've ever walked the majority of the top half. Easy to get around. Not may deals, sold a couple of handguns. .22lr was all over the board from $45/500 to over a hundred. Some buddies bought some brass cased 5.56 for $300/k, thought that was a great deal.
Dang S&W's and Colt Pythons were SKY HIGH, not a shortage either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom