Wanna try a G43x?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has someone been hitting that pin with a punch and hammer?

I did the same. That pin is a pain. The trick is to grab the trigger and pull it towards the beavertail while tapping the pin, otherwise it doesn't come out no matter how many hammer blows.
Found it out the hard way.

Dang, sure wish I could find the post where somebody was talking about how many Glocks they'd seen fail or have malfunctions or something because the owners had done...."stuff" to 'em. Imagine that.

Edited: My initial response was meant to be sarcastic, but may not have appeared so to everyone, so...
seriously, if you had to hammer that pin put, there's a good chance you may have bent or damaged the pin itself or the slide lock lever. This could cause a premature lock back of the slide, or other problems, such as causing you to have a one-shot Glock.

Again, seriously, IF it were me, I'd consider ordering a new pin and new OEM slide lock lever to be on the safe side. Please don't be hammerin' on a Glock; there is no need. Just remember to push down on the slide lock lever from the inside and gently push the pin out. You may need to wiggle the trigger a bit too; take your time and find the sweet spot; but keep that dang hammer away from it.

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And remember, the slide lock lever spring on the 42 and 43 series is different than that found on others like the 3-pin models such as Gen 3 G19, 26, 22., 23, etc. On these, you have to make sure the long arm of the slide lock lever spring goes UNDER the locking block pin, or you will for sure have a one-shot Glock. the locking block pin is first out; first in on all 3 pin models. The 42 and 43 series uses a captured slide lock lever spring which is the same exact spring as the safety plunger spring too, by the way.

Here's another place to take a look: https://www.glockparts.com/glock-disassembly.htm

This is a good, visual, easy to follow set of instructions. (Also, you can order new parts here if you bugger something up...use "5off" coupon code to help you out a tiny bit).

No offense to @FrankNmac's video above, but that guy is using a dang mallet! You DO NOT need a mallet or hammer to take your Glock apart. More damage has been caused to guns by hammers, Dremels, and drills than almost anything else, except for Cletus and his brother, Bubba. They have caused immeasurable damage, probably by using power tools or bludgeoning tools to do their kitchen table gun smith hacks.

No hammers; no mallets. They are not needed and they can cause damage. (Crap. This pin ain't comin' out...lemme hit it just a little harder...) Just your Glock tool or a 3/32 punch. Wooden chopstick is optional if you don't have real skinny fingers to push that lever down with.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(G)Narly scratches do add character, I'll give you that. Most of my stuff has 'em anyway. Hell, I got some too!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(G)Narly scratches do add character, I'll give you that. Most of my stuff has 'em anyway. Hell, I got some too!
lol

I have actually found a simple as all get out method for removing that pin on the 43x. It seems harder than any Glock, I've ever worked on or owned. I need to take some pictures or a short video on it. It only requires two hands and no swearing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom