Wanna try a G43x?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The suspense is killing me.

All you have to really do is press down on the lever from the inside (towards the muzzle end) wiggle the trigger a little and push the pin out. I have to use a chopstick or a pencil or something cause I have fat fingers. Left to right; right to left; doesn’t matter which way you push it out or stick it back in.

If it’s simpler than that and doesn’t involve pounding on it with a mallet, I’m interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Jimmy, Old Phart, and I had a good morning at Big Boys Range and I'm pleased to say that my new Glock 43X performed admirably. It's marginally bigger than the regular Glock 43 but shoots all out of proportion to its size. That grip makes all the difference in the world. I see no need to change anything out on this pistol other than putting a fiber optic front sight on it and maybe slapping' some Talon Grips on it too. I'll shoot it a few more times before I decide on the Talons, but as of now, the Glock 43X has joined the carry club at the druryj house. In fact, seeing as how it is freshly cleaned and lubed, and the mags are also cleaned and loaded with 124 Gr HST rounds, it is going to go with me to dinner at The Sushi Bar in a TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB holster this evening. Nothing like a little "raw bait" to round out a fine day!

I have to add that we also shot several other guns while we were there, among them, a couple of Airweight JayBirds (followed by a few rounds with Old Phart's S&W 640; what a difference!) and Jimmy's Yost-Bonitz Colt 1911 in .45 ACP. Now, honestly, I have shot I can't even imagine how many rounds from various 1911s over the years, but Jimmy's Yost is a whole 'nuther deal folks, and it takes what is already an excellent trigger to a whole 'nuther level. Just racking the slide on it...it feels like it's rolling along on ball bearings.

But back to the Glock 43X for a second; if you're on the fence on this gun, or it's sibling, the Glock 48, well get off of it and getcha one. Glock done good with these two pistols.
2419c72e5a85bb633910558e54a3a016.jpg

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I am sorry I missed all the action down at Big Boys. That being said, I put an Overwatch flat trigger and night sights on my 48. It is a KEEPER!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The main reason I chose the 43X over the 48 is because I already had several good quality holsters for the 43, (which , sadly, I no longer have) that fit the 43X perfectly. I know that the additional length of the 48's slide and barrel would give me a bit more muzzle velocity and a longer sight radius as well. But the 43X is overall a bit smaller, and I already have the leather and kydex for it, so...

As most of us realize, every handgun is a compromise in some fashion or the other. We give up something in order to gain something else. Size for capacity. Weight for recoil reduction. Barrel length for muzzle velocity. Etc.

If I had still had a 43, (which I wish I did), then the 48 would have been my choice and by virtue of switchy-swatchy magic , I would have all three variations! But hey, life is good...I'm satisfied. If I need to carry something larger or with more capacity that than the 43X, I'll carry my Sig M11 A1.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beats the heck out of a 1911 doesn’t it?

In some ways, yes. I mean, who wants to carry a big heavy handgun that weighs 2-3 lbs and holds a mere 7-8 in the magazine, when you can carry something much less smaller and have maybe double the capacity? Is the 1911 obsolete? Oh no. It will always be the classic it is , and some will always choose it. I love 'em; I just don't wanna carry 'em anymore.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You both are CRAZY. If the 1911 is too heavy for your delegate frames, get a Light Weight. Besides, just in case you didn't know it....100's of 1,000's of Dead Comie's can't be wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom