Wanna try a G43x?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You both are CRAZY. If the 1911 is too heavy for your delegate frames, get a Light Weight. Besides, just in case you didn't know it....100's of 1,000's of Dead Comie's can't be wrong.

Thank you for your enlightening information. Are you saying the 1911 was actually used by the US Military? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, Jimmy, Old Phart, and I had a good morning at Big Boys Range and I'm pleased to say that my new Glock 43X performed admirably. It's marginally bigger than the regular Glock 43 but shoots all out of proportion to its size. That grip makes all the difference in the world. I see no need to change anything out on this pistol other than putting a fiber optic front sight on it and maybe slapping' some Talon Grips on it too. I'll shoot it a few more times before I decide on the Talons, but as of now, the Glock 43X has joined the carry club at the druryj house. In fact, seeing as how it is freshly cleaned and lubed, and the mags are also cleaned and loaded with 124 Gr HST rounds, it is going to go with me to dinner at The Sushi Bar in a TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB holster this evening. Nothing like a little "raw bait" to round out a fine day!

I have to add that we also shot several other guns while we were there, among them, a couple of Airweight JayBirds (followed by a few rounds with Old Phart's S&W 640; what a difference!) and Jimmy's Yost-Bonitz Colt 1911 in .45 ACP. Now, honestly, I have shot I can't even imagine how many rounds from various 1911s over the years, but Jimmy's Yost is a whole 'nuther deal folks, and it takes what is already an excellent trigger to a whole 'nuther level. Just racking the slide on it...it feels like it's rolling along on ball bearings.

But back to the Glock 43X for a second; if you're on the fence on this gun, or it's sibling, the Glock 48, well get off of it and getcha one. Glock done good with these two pistols.
2419c72e5a85bb633910558e54a3a016.jpg

You see what I meant now when I told you about it carrying like a sub, but shooting like a full size?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just installed a curved Kineti-Tech trigger in mine this weekend Druryj. It made a world of difference over the stock one (shoe). Need to do some polishing though.

I'm curious how you like the stock one over a Kineti-Tech since you have used them in the past.

View attachment 133416
Here's a dumb question for you. Does anyone make a trigger for Glock pistols that doesn't have the blade in them? Have a modified trigger finger that is just short enough that it prevents actuation of the bang switch.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a dumb question for you. Does anyone make a trigger for Glock pistols that doesn't have the blade in them? Have a modified trigger finger that is just short enough that it prevents actuation of the bang switch.

Hmmm. Not that I’m aware of. I am quite familiar with how the Internals work and my brain is hard at work tying to see how that could be done without comprising the safety features.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RETOKSQUID, take a look at the flat faced triggers; the ones I’m familiar with are from Kineti-tech. I believe they might do the trick. Google search other flat triggers for Glock to compare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom