want to try trout fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh496f

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went trout fishing for my first time last week in the right below the tenkiller dam. We used powerbait power eggs the white ones got them at that grocery store there in gore. me and the guys that went with me all caught our limit within 2 hours! we used a number 16 trebbble hook at the bottom with two power egggs on it to cover the hook also make sure they will float the hook! with a swivel about a foot and a half up and a couple split shots right above the swivel. worked great! plus they stay on the hook great caught three on the same two eggs!
and like Dennis said be a line watcher
here is a pic!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=16579954&l=329d300953&id=508040243

Good job! I use the same set up with a sliding egg sinker and No.16 treble hook as well..

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went trout fishing for my first time last week in the right below the tenkiller dam. We used powerbait power eggs the white ones got them at that grocery store there in gore. me and the guys that went with me all caught our limit within 2 hours! we used a number 16 trebbble hook at the bottom with two power egggs on it to cover the hook also make sure they will float the hook! with a swivel about a foot and a half up and a couple split shots right above the swivel. worked great! plus they stay on the hook great caught three on the same two eggs!
and like Dennis said be a line watcher
here is a pic!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=16579954&l=329d300953&id=508040243

What's the limit on the trout there?

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't get to go had some things come up. Might try in the morning if weather doesn't get bad. Thanks for all the info.

Good thing you didn't go, it was crowded. They had some fly fishing club get together today. I got there at 12:30 so I missed the early fishing crowd, they were eating lunch and some were leaving. Some stayed and still fished but I fished were I usually do. Caught 12 and lost some. Not the best day, but not the worst day either.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
Good thing you didn't go, it was crowded. They had some fly fishing club get together today. I got there at 12:30 so I missed the early fishing crowd, they were eating lunch and some were leaving. Some stayed and still fished but I fished were I usually do. Caught 12 and lost some. Not the best day, but not the worst day either.

yea but you know the old saying. a bad of fishing i better than a good day at work.i'm hoping the weather holds off for awhile tomorrow atleast till noon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom