Warren Metcalf's response to the loss of OSA potential customers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of you pay for movie theatre concession but complain about gunshow admission prices? Geesh, support the anti-gun Hollywood liberals but bash a gunshow promoter. Good thinking!

Day-um!!!

Now I KNOW that I'm a social misfit. I RARELY go to movies and when I do, I NEVER buy their concession products.

If I want entertainment, I either go shoot off some ammo or spend time on OSA.

Yep. Social misfit. So, maybe I should go to Dave's show. Does anyone know if one of his vendors might be selling Remington 870, 7-shot pump, 12 gauge shotguns?

D

Dr Death

Day-um!!!

Now I KNOW that I'm a social misfit. I RARELY go to movies and when I do, I NEVER buy their concession products.

If I want entertainment, I either go shoot off some ammo or spend time on OSA.

Yep. Social misfit. So, maybe I should go to Dave's show. Does anyone know if one of his vendors might be selling Remington 870, 7-shot pump, 12 gauge shotguns?

Is that a threat?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of you pay for movie theatre concession but complain about gunshow admission prices? Geesh, support the anti-gun Hollywood liberals but bash a gunshow promoter. Good thinking!

Hit a little close to home did I? Paying $20 for a bucket of popcorn and a soda is idiotic.

Methinks we have a shill............

Indeed we have a schill. No doubt at all.

As for the movies, I'm headed there right now... and yes, the wife and I will spend probably $50 or more to go on our "date". But the bottom line is, we feel like we get a good product for our money... is it overblown? Yes. But is there a good alternative where I can see Wrath of the Titans right now on an IMAX screen in 3D? Nope... and it's not just the value of what we're buying, but the overall experience. And Mr. Metcalf, erg... sorry, Dr. Death... I'm not paying inflated prices to see a flea market. But it's not even about that.... not 100%. Now, it's as much about the fact that the promoter feels it acceptable to denigrate his consumer base an insult me and my friends.

It's quite obvious that we are willing to pay it to the movies for some reason, but NOT willing to pay it to Metcalf. Think there could be a reason for that?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gee Warren, I'll stop going when the theaters start advertising a price only to show up and find that it's double the price and........ your movie is a 30min long Justin Bieber concert.

Rhino55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now Warren. The prices for guns at the tables reflect the price at the door. Why would I want to go to one of your shows and pay new gun prices for a gun that is used. I can pay the same at Bass Pro and get a new gun. Time for a reality check.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy the movie theater. When I go to the movies I know what I'm buying. A ticket to see the show, popcorn, soft drinks, candy, etc. When I go to the gun show, what am I buying with my money? The ability to buy something else. Fine, when I pay for the ability to shop at a Shortstaff gun show and 50% of the vendors are selling scentsy and beenie babies, I feel cheated.

Comparing going to the movies with going to one of those POS gun shows is unintelligible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom